Producer Confirmed Akon Wrote the 'Sorry' Song
Producer Clinton Sparks has denied the claim that Akon didn't write his latest song 'Sorry, Blame It on Me'. Sparks insists that both of them work together and that his collaborator is "an incredibly accomplished producer and songwriter".
Earlier this week, gossip site TMZ.com reported that a close source said Akon didn't pen the apology song. Instead, it was initiated that Sparks had written the entire piece although he was still credited as co-writer and producer.
Despite the reports, Sparks told Celebrity Truth.com, "As it states in the album credits, we wrote the record together. Akon is an incredibly accomplished producer and songwriter and I feel privileged that he allowed me to produce and co-write a record with him."
Akon recorded 'Sorry, Blame It on Me' after he was accused of deliberately performing raunchy stage act with underage girl during his concert in Trinidad. In the song he apologized to many parties including his family and explained what happened in his point a view.
The song peaked at #7 in Billboard 100 upon its digital release on July 17. It will be included in the deluxe edition of Akon's 'Konvicted', which was due August 28.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2