Producer Confirmed Akon Wrote the 'Sorry' Song
Producer Clinton Sparks has denied the claim that Akon didn't write his latest song 'Sorry, Blame It on Me'. Sparks insists that both of them work together and that his collaborator is "an incredibly accomplished producer and songwriter".
Earlier this week, gossip site TMZ.com reported that a close source said Akon didn't pen the apology song. Instead, it was initiated that Sparks had written the entire piece although he was still credited as co-writer and producer.
Despite the reports, Sparks told Celebrity Truth.com, "As it states in the album credits, we wrote the record together. Akon is an incredibly accomplished producer and songwriter and I feel privileged that he allowed me to produce and co-write a record with him."
Akon recorded 'Sorry, Blame It on Me' after he was accused of deliberately performing raunchy stage act with underage girl during his concert in Trinidad. In the song he apologized to many parties including his family and explained what happened in his point a view.
The song peaked at #7 in Billboard 100 upon its digital release on July 17. It will be included in the deluxe edition of Akon's 'Konvicted', which was due August 28.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie