US Actress Angelina Jolie Visited Iraq, Met with Refugees and Troops
The fun is completely over, it's time to get back on duty. Angelina Jolie is done with the family time she had with partner Brad Pitt and their four children and heading for Iraq to meet with refugees and U.S. troops in the country.
Jolie wrapped up a two-day trip to Syria and Iraq Tuesday August 28th, accompanied by her bodyguard Mickey Brett, in her role as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). While she was there, the actress took time meeting with displaced Iraqis in neighboring Syria on Monday before then crossing into Iraq for a few hours the next day, reportedly "to see firsthand the plight of hundreds of thousands of families uprooted by the ongoing conflict."
"I have come to Syria and Iraq to help draw attention to the humanitarian crisis and to urge governments to increase their support for UNHCR and its partners," Jolie said in a statement adding that "It is absolutely essential that the ongoing debate about Iraq's future includes plans for addressing the enormous humanitarian consequences these people face."
Besides fulfilling her duties for UNHCR, Jolie also met privately with American troops and other multi-national forces in the region.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...