US Actress Angelina Jolie Visited Iraq, Met with Refugees and Troops
The fun is completely over, it's time to get back on duty. Angelina Jolie is done with the family time she had with partner Brad Pitt and their four children and heading for Iraq to meet with refugees and U.S. troops in the country.
Jolie wrapped up a two-day trip to Syria and Iraq Tuesday August 28th, accompanied by her bodyguard Mickey Brett, in her role as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). While she was there, the actress took time meeting with displaced Iraqis in neighboring Syria on Monday before then crossing into Iraq for a few hours the next day, reportedly "to see firsthand the plight of hundreds of thousands of families uprooted by the ongoing conflict."
"I have come to Syria and Iraq to help draw attention to the humanitarian crisis and to urge governments to increase their support for UNHCR and its partners," Jolie said in a statement adding that "It is absolutely essential that the ongoing debate about Iraq's future includes plans for addressing the enormous humanitarian consequences these people face."
Besides fulfilling her duties for UNHCR, Jolie also met privately with American troops and other multi-national forces in the region.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up