US Actress Angelina Jolie Visited Iraq, Met with Refugees and Troops
The fun is completely over, it's time to get back on duty. Angelina Jolie is done with the family time she had with partner Brad Pitt and their four children and heading for Iraq to meet with refugees and U.S. troops in the country.
Jolie wrapped up a two-day trip to Syria and Iraq Tuesday August 28th, accompanied by her bodyguard Mickey Brett, in her role as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). While she was there, the actress took time meeting with displaced Iraqis in neighboring Syria on Monday before then crossing into Iraq for a few hours the next day, reportedly "to see firsthand the plight of hundreds of thousands of families uprooted by the ongoing conflict."
"I have come to Syria and Iraq to help draw attention to the humanitarian crisis and to urge governments to increase their support for UNHCR and its partners," Jolie said in a statement adding that "It is absolutely essential that the ongoing debate about Iraq's future includes plans for addressing the enormous humanitarian consequences these people face."
Besides fulfilling her duties for UNHCR, Jolie also met privately with American troops and other multi-national forces in the region.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story