Malawian Official to Assess Madonna's Suitability to Adopt David Banda
The time has come and it would better for Madonna to have herself well prepared, or else she would lose the chance to obtain the permanent adoption of Malawian son David Banda. An official from Malawi has been given the go-ahead to visit the pop star and her husband Guy Ritchie on September 4th and stay with her family for two weeks to determine if she should finally and officially fully adopt the little boy.
"There has been a change of mind by my government minister and she has allowed me to leave for the UK on September 4 and I am expected to spend two weeks," social worker Penstone Kilembe said in a statement revealed that Madonna's attempts to adopt David hit a snag earlier this month when the Malawian minister of women and child development refused to grant him permission to travel to Britain to assess their suitability.
It was reported at that time that Kilembe was prevented from traveling to Britain because he had accepted a plane ticket and money from Madonna without government approval. Kilembe, however, denied the reports, saying "What we had with the minister was just a misunderstanding and that has been resolved. Madonna herself has been informed about the new proposed dates because she has been looking forward to this so that her adoption process is not hampered."
Earlier this month, Madonna battled to stop the spread of her naked photos which she sent to her then-boyfriend James Albright in the early 90s as it harm her chances to acquire the adoption permanently.
More Madonna News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'