Justin Timberlake Earns His 21st Winning in Teen Choice Awards
Justin Timberlake, a regular in Teen Choice Awards, wins big in music category by gaining his 21st win this year. The singer who was serving his tour in Winnipeg accepted through a video webcast the honor for most Teen Choice wins, be it in film, TV and music.
In the video he said, "I have a whole house full of Teen Choice surfboards now. And they just never get old. I go surfing on a different one every day. And that's a lot of days to go surfing." The Ultimate Choice Award that he gained was accompanied with other winnings like Choice Male Artist and Choice Payback Track for 'What Goes Around...'.
His collaborator, Timbaland whom he beat in the Choice Male Artist, unsurprisingly won over Ludacris, T.I., Young Jeezy and Fabolous in the male dominated nomination Choice Rap Artist.
If Justin gets the Male Artist choice, Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie cornered the Female one with a rather emotional acceptance speech. "I have to say this award in particular means so much to me," she said while clutching the 'surfboard', "because this award isn't paid for - it's picked by you."
R&B nominations are ruled by young artists who make it big this year. Sean Kingston triumphed with his contagious hit 'Beautiful Girls' that earned him a statuette for Choice R&B Track. Rihanna, at the same time, snatched the Choice R&B Artist title due to, unquestionably, 'Umbrella'.
The surprise came when High School Musical cast Vanessa Hudgens was named Choice Breakout Female Artist, considering her contenders are Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Katharine McPhee. Host Hilary Duff meanwhile, got herself a surfboard for Choice Love Song through 'With Love'.
Announcement on music winners of 9th annual Teen Choice Awards keeps pouring in with Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend' named Choice Music Single over Rihanna's 'Umbrella', Gwen Stefani's 'The Sweet Escape', Gym Class Heroes' 'Cupid's Chokehold' and Timbaland's 'Give It to me'.
The Choice Music Breakout Artist – Male was handed to Akon who shines with his 2006 effort 'Konvicted'. Plain White T's who also stunned music fans with the easy-listening 'Hey There Delilah' won Choice Summer Song for the single.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie