Justin Timberlake Earns His 21st Winning in Teen Choice Awards
Justin Timberlake, a regular in Teen Choice Awards, wins big in music category by gaining his 21st win this year. The singer who was serving his tour in Winnipeg accepted through a video webcast the honor for most Teen Choice wins, be it in film, TV and music.
In the video he said, "I have a whole house full of Teen Choice surfboards now. And they just never get old. I go surfing on a different one every day. And that's a lot of days to go surfing." The Ultimate Choice Award that he gained was accompanied with other winnings like Choice Male Artist and Choice Payback Track for 'What Goes Around...'.
His collaborator, Timbaland whom he beat in the Choice Male Artist, unsurprisingly won over Ludacris, T.I., Young Jeezy and Fabolous in the male dominated nomination Choice Rap Artist.
If Justin gets the Male Artist choice, Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie cornered the Female one with a rather emotional acceptance speech. "I have to say this award in particular means so much to me," she said while clutching the 'surfboard', "because this award isn't paid for - it's picked by you."
R&B nominations are ruled by young artists who make it big this year. Sean Kingston triumphed with his contagious hit 'Beautiful Girls' that earned him a statuette for Choice R&B Track. Rihanna, at the same time, snatched the Choice R&B Artist title due to, unquestionably, 'Umbrella'.
The surprise came when High School Musical cast Vanessa Hudgens was named Choice Breakout Female Artist, considering her contenders are Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Katharine McPhee. Host Hilary Duff meanwhile, got herself a surfboard for Choice Love Song through 'With Love'.
Announcement on music winners of 9th annual Teen Choice Awards keeps pouring in with Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend' named Choice Music Single over Rihanna's 'Umbrella', Gwen Stefani's 'The Sweet Escape', Gym Class Heroes' 'Cupid's Chokehold' and Timbaland's 'Give It to me'.
The Choice Music Breakout Artist – Male was handed to Akon who shines with his 2006 effort 'Konvicted'. Plain White T's who also stunned music fans with the easy-listening 'Hey There Delilah' won Choice Summer Song for the single.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'