New Dallas Director to Be Hired
On the heels of her helming stint in "John Tucker Must Die", Betty Thomas is currently in discussions to replace Gurinder Chadha on the director's chair for 20th Century Fox's long-in-development project "Dallas", Variety has reported.
The big screen adaptation of the long-running TV series, pic has been learned to be developed as a comedy instead of drama feature. Filming is being eyed to start January next year based on script written by Pam Brady who has been hired as replacement to Robert Harling.
Except for John Travolta, names to star are still currently in search. The movie previously had Luke Wilson and Shirley MacLaine attached to play Bobby Ewing and Miss Ellie, respectively, but both were dropped from the cast when it got rebooted. Jennifer Lopez once was also billed to star as Sue Ellen yet later decided to quit.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds