New Dallas Director to Be Hired
On the heels of her helming stint in "John Tucker Must Die", Betty Thomas is currently in discussions to replace Gurinder Chadha on the director's chair for 20th Century Fox's long-in-development project "Dallas", Variety has reported.
The big screen adaptation of the long-running TV series, pic has been learned to be developed as a comedy instead of drama feature. Filming is being eyed to start January next year based on script written by Pam Brady who has been hired as replacement to Robert Harling.
Except for John Travolta, names to star are still currently in search. The movie previously had Luke Wilson and Shirley MacLaine attached to play Bobby Ewing and Miss Ellie, respectively, but both were dropped from the cast when it got rebooted. Jennifer Lopez once was also billed to star as Sue Ellen yet later decided to quit.
More Dallas News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'