New Dallas Director to Be Hired
On the heels of her helming stint in "John Tucker Must Die", Betty Thomas is currently in discussions to replace Gurinder Chadha on the director's chair for 20th Century Fox's long-in-development project "Dallas", Variety has reported.
The big screen adaptation of the long-running TV series, pic has been learned to be developed as a comedy instead of drama feature. Filming is being eyed to start January next year based on script written by Pam Brady who has been hired as replacement to Robert Harling.
Except for John Travolta, names to star are still currently in search. The movie previously had Luke Wilson and Shirley MacLaine attached to play Bobby Ewing and Miss Ellie, respectively, but both were dropped from the cast when it got rebooted. Jennifer Lopez once was also billed to star as Sue Ellen yet later decided to quit.
More Dallas News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy