New Dallas Director to Be Hired
On the heels of her helming stint in "John Tucker Must Die", Betty Thomas is currently in discussions to replace Gurinder Chadha on the director's chair for 20th Century Fox's long-in-development project "Dallas", Variety has reported.
The big screen adaptation of the long-running TV series, pic has been learned to be developed as a comedy instead of drama feature. Filming is being eyed to start January next year based on script written by Pam Brady who has been hired as replacement to Robert Harling.
Except for John Travolta, names to star are still currently in search. The movie previously had Luke Wilson and Shirley MacLaine attached to play Bobby Ewing and Miss Ellie, respectively, but both were dropped from the cast when it got rebooted. Jennifer Lopez once was also billed to star as Sue Ellen yet later decided to quit.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce