New Dallas Director to Be Hired
On the heels of her helming stint in "John Tucker Must Die", Betty Thomas is currently in discussions to replace Gurinder Chadha on the director's chair for 20th Century Fox's long-in-development project "Dallas", Variety has reported.
The big screen adaptation of the long-running TV series, pic has been learned to be developed as a comedy instead of drama feature. Filming is being eyed to start January next year based on script written by Pam Brady who has been hired as replacement to Robert Harling.
Except for John Travolta, names to star are still currently in search. The movie previously had Luke Wilson and Shirley MacLaine attached to play Bobby Ewing and Miss Ellie, respectively, but both were dropped from the cast when it got rebooted. Jennifer Lopez once was also billed to star as Sue Ellen yet later decided to quit.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio