David Hasselhoff Wins Libel Damages Against OK! Magazine
David Hasselhoff vs OK! magazine. And the winner is Hasselhoff. The "Baywatch" actor has on Friday August 24th accepted "substantial", undisclosed libel damages over the publication's article that accused him of being drunk and abusive in a Hollywood nightclub.
Northern and Shell PLC, the publisher of the British edition of OK! magazine and Northern and Shell North America Ltd., the publisher of the U.S. edition of OK! Weekly, ''accept that their allegations were false,'' Hasselhoff's lawyer, Simon Smith, said in court.
Smith said the July 3rd U.K. edition of OK! accused his client of being ''off his face'' and abusive in a club shortly after winning a custody battle with wife Pamela Bach for their daughters, Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff and Hayley Amber Hasselhoff. The previous day, the U.S. edition of OK! Weekly claimed in its article titled "Hasselhoff Celebrates Custody Win" that the star ''drank champagne like it was water'' at the Les Deux nightclub.
Insisted those articles as "entirely false," Smith said "Each defendant has agreed to publish an apology in their magazine and together have agreed to pay the claimant substantial damages."
More David Hasselhoff News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill