Kanye West Filmed PSA to Urge for National Leadership on Education Reform
Can't you sense Kanye West's political interest? The rapper, who says he is not political and has no interest in "who's running with who" in the 2008 election, is teaming up with the Strong American Schools (S.A.S.) for their "ED in an '08" campaign which will address America's education crisis and dropout epidemic.
As part of their partnership, West will appear in television public service announcements for SAS calling for U.S. Presidential candidates to improve America's public schools and make education reform a top priority on the campaign trail.
"Politics is a business. I'm more social. I just care about people," West said adding that "Yo. Becoming a music superstar took hard work but it also took a solid education. Too many kids are failing to get the education they need to succeed in college ... You're not hearing what I'm saying y'all."
The "ED in an '08" campaign will also be a title sponsor for the Kanye West Foundation's inaugural benefit at the House of Blues on Friday August 24th in Chicago, where West was raised. In addition to the PSA campaign, both West and his mother, Dr. Donda West, have committed to a joint upcoming appearance with "ED in '08." West's latest CD, "Graduation," will also be given away at "ED in an '08" through online activities.
"The ED in '08 campaign is excited to partner with the Kanye West Foundation in advocating for new national leadership to strengthen America's schools," Marc Lampkin, executive director of ED in '08, commented. "We look forward to working with the Kanye West Foundation to raise awareness about America's education crisis and urge the presidential candidates to put forward a plan to improve America's schools because in every community in America, too many children are leaving school without the skills to be ready to succeed in college, career and life."
More Kanye West News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics