Need More Time for New Project, The Cure Postpone Fall Tour
Time is all The Cure need right now. Leading to perfection, an amount of time is necessary to complete their new album, which is now confirmed to be a double CD. And for that North American Tour this fall will have to be pushed back.
The new trek is dated as far as April and May next year. The post in the band's website read, "The schedule as it stands only gives us a couple of weeks to finish our new double album before we hit the road again, and we know this just isn't enough time to complete the project to our total satisfaction."
The band added that the decision also came with the intention to "remodel" the live shows so that they wouldn't play their new effort based on a rushed plan. The band have apologized and promised that the Spring tour "will be even better than the Fall 2007 ones would have been!!!".
Tickets that have been bought are subject to the rescheduled shows but refund is also an option.
The band will still make it to appear at San Francisco Download Festival October 6 and MTV Latin America Awards on October 18. They also make sure that "a fresh song or three" will be played during each set of shows in Mexico City on October 20-22.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her