Babyface's Cover of 'Fire and Rain' Receives Heavy Airplay
Nearing the release date of Babyface's first album under newly-relaunched Mercury records, lead single 'Fire & Rain' has gained popularity in several radio stations. The cover of James Taylor's 1969 classics is placed #2 most-added single at AC radio and #1 in most added at Smooth Jazz.
'Fire & Rain' is taken from the R&B icon's upcoming album 'Playlist', due September 18. As previously reported, the record contains mostly covers while also having new materials within the tracks. "These songs came from memories, and these songs helped shape who I am – and they’re still shaping who I am," Babyface said earlier.
In support of the new album, the singer will make several appearances post the release date. On September 19, he will appear in both NBC's The Today Show and ABC's Live with Regis & Kelly. He is also scheduled to talk about the album with Whoopi Goldberg in the radio queen's 'Wake Up with Whoopi' show on September 21. Later on that day he will serve a CMT Concert Special with Trisha Yearwood.
In October, fans in Asia particularly in Japan and Philippines are going to be treated with a series of live performances starting from October 13 in Manila's 'Araneta Coliseum. Log on to his official website for more information regarding his tour. Additional worldwide concert dates will be announced in near future.
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret