Babyface's Cover of 'Fire and Rain' Receives Heavy Airplay
Nearing the release date of Babyface's first album under newly-relaunched Mercury records, lead single 'Fire & Rain' has gained popularity in several radio stations. The cover of James Taylor's 1969 classics is placed #2 most-added single at AC radio and #1 in most added at Smooth Jazz.
'Fire & Rain' is taken from the R&B icon's upcoming album 'Playlist', due September 18. As previously reported, the record contains mostly covers while also having new materials within the tracks. "These songs came from memories, and these songs helped shape who I am – and they’re still shaping who I am," Babyface said earlier.
In support of the new album, the singer will make several appearances post the release date. On September 19, he will appear in both NBC's The Today Show and ABC's Live with Regis & Kelly. He is also scheduled to talk about the album with Whoopi Goldberg in the radio queen's 'Wake Up with Whoopi' show on September 21. Later on that day he will serve a CMT Concert Special with Trisha Yearwood.
In October, fans in Asia particularly in Japan and Philippines are going to be treated with a series of live performances starting from October 13 in Manila's 'Araneta Coliseum. Log on to his official website for more information regarding his tour. Additional worldwide concert dates will be announced in near future.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'