Babyface's Cover of 'Fire and Rain' Receives Heavy Airplay
Nearing the release date of Babyface's first album under newly-relaunched Mercury records, lead single 'Fire & Rain' has gained popularity in several radio stations. The cover of James Taylor's 1969 classics is placed #2 most-added single at AC radio and #1 in most added at Smooth Jazz.
'Fire & Rain' is taken from the R&B icon's upcoming album 'Playlist', due September 18. As previously reported, the record contains mostly covers while also having new materials within the tracks. "These songs came from memories, and these songs helped shape who I am – and they’re still shaping who I am," Babyface said earlier.
In support of the new album, the singer will make several appearances post the release date. On September 19, he will appear in both NBC's The Today Show and ABC's Live with Regis & Kelly. He is also scheduled to talk about the album with Whoopi Goldberg in the radio queen's 'Wake Up with Whoopi' show on September 21. Later on that day he will serve a CMT Concert Special with Trisha Yearwood.
In October, fans in Asia particularly in Japan and Philippines are going to be treated with a series of live performances starting from October 13 in Manila's 'Araneta Coliseum. Log on to his official website for more information regarding his tour. Additional worldwide concert dates will be announced in near future.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen