Babyface's Cover of 'Fire and Rain' Receives Heavy Airplay
Nearing the release date of Babyface's first album under newly-relaunched Mercury records, lead single 'Fire & Rain' has gained popularity in several radio stations. The cover of James Taylor's 1969 classics is placed #2 most-added single at AC radio and #1 in most added at Smooth Jazz.
'Fire & Rain' is taken from the R&B icon's upcoming album 'Playlist', due September 18. As previously reported, the record contains mostly covers while also having new materials within the tracks. "These songs came from memories, and these songs helped shape who I am – and they’re still shaping who I am," Babyface said earlier.
In support of the new album, the singer will make several appearances post the release date. On September 19, he will appear in both NBC's The Today Show and ABC's Live with Regis & Kelly. He is also scheduled to talk about the album with Whoopi Goldberg in the radio queen's 'Wake Up with Whoopi' show on September 21. Later on that day he will serve a CMT Concert Special with Trisha Yearwood.
In October, fans in Asia particularly in Japan and Philippines are going to be treated with a series of live performances starting from October 13 in Manila's 'Araneta Coliseum. Log on to his official website for more information regarding his tour. Additional worldwide concert dates will be announced in near future.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police