Shilpa Shetty Cast for a Mythological Role in New Indian Flick
Amid the heavy speculations on her being the new Bond girl in "Bond 22", Shilpa Shetty has secured her next acting stint in a film based on the ancient Sanskrit epic "Ramayana", her publicist Dale Bhagwagar said Wednesday, August 22, 2007.
In the movie, titled "Hanuman", the Indian actress is confirmed to play Sita, the wife of Prince Rama of Ayodhya who is abducted by a vicious demon king triggering a gory battle. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves may have been asked to make an appearance in the project, set to be directed by Uru Patel, Bhagwagar further remarked.
Shetty, a native of Tamil Nadu, India, is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian thespian and has appeared in nearly 50 films since her big screen debut in 1993. The beauty recently hit international headlines for enduring racist abuse on British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in which she was crowned the winner on 28 January 2007 with 63 percent of the final vote.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival