Shilpa Shetty Cast for a Mythological Role in New Indian Flick
Amid the heavy speculations on her being the new Bond girl in "Bond 22", Shilpa Shetty has secured her next acting stint in a film based on the ancient Sanskrit epic "Ramayana", her publicist Dale Bhagwagar said Wednesday, August 22, 2007.
In the movie, titled "Hanuman", the Indian actress is confirmed to play Sita, the wife of Prince Rama of Ayodhya who is abducted by a vicious demon king triggering a gory battle. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves may have been asked to make an appearance in the project, set to be directed by Uru Patel, Bhagwagar further remarked.
Shetty, a native of Tamil Nadu, India, is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian thespian and has appeared in nearly 50 films since her big screen debut in 1993. The beauty recently hit international headlines for enduring racist abuse on British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in which she was crowned the winner on 28 January 2007 with 63 percent of the final vote.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris