Shilpa Shetty Cast for a Mythological Role in New Indian Flick
Amid the heavy speculations on her being the new Bond girl in "Bond 22", Shilpa Shetty has secured her next acting stint in a film based on the ancient Sanskrit epic "Ramayana", her publicist Dale Bhagwagar said Wednesday, August 22, 2007.
In the movie, titled "Hanuman", the Indian actress is confirmed to play Sita, the wife of Prince Rama of Ayodhya who is abducted by a vicious demon king triggering a gory battle. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves may have been asked to make an appearance in the project, set to be directed by Uru Patel, Bhagwagar further remarked.
Shetty, a native of Tamil Nadu, India, is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian thespian and has appeared in nearly 50 films since her big screen debut in 1993. The beauty recently hit international headlines for enduring racist abuse on British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in which she was crowned the winner on 28 January 2007 with 63 percent of the final vote.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'