Shilpa Shetty Cast for a Mythological Role in New Indian Flick
Amid the heavy speculations on her being the new Bond girl in "Bond 22", Shilpa Shetty has secured her next acting stint in a film based on the ancient Sanskrit epic "Ramayana", her publicist Dale Bhagwagar said Wednesday, August 22, 2007.
In the movie, titled "Hanuman", the Indian actress is confirmed to play Sita, the wife of Prince Rama of Ayodhya who is abducted by a vicious demon king triggering a gory battle. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves may have been asked to make an appearance in the project, set to be directed by Uru Patel, Bhagwagar further remarked.
Shetty, a native of Tamil Nadu, India, is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian thespian and has appeared in nearly 50 films since her big screen debut in 1993. The beauty recently hit international headlines for enduring racist abuse on British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in which she was crowned the winner on 28 January 2007 with 63 percent of the final vote.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up