Shilpa Shetty Cast for a Mythological Role in New Indian Flick
Amid the heavy speculations on her being the new Bond girl in "Bond 22", Shilpa Shetty has secured her next acting stint in a film based on the ancient Sanskrit epic "Ramayana", her publicist Dale Bhagwagar said Wednesday, August 22, 2007.
In the movie, titled "Hanuman", the Indian actress is confirmed to play Sita, the wife of Prince Rama of Ayodhya who is abducted by a vicious demon king triggering a gory battle. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves may have been asked to make an appearance in the project, set to be directed by Uru Patel, Bhagwagar further remarked.
Shetty, a native of Tamil Nadu, India, is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian thespian and has appeared in nearly 50 films since her big screen debut in 1993. The beauty recently hit international headlines for enduring racist abuse on British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in which she was crowned the winner on 28 January 2007 with 63 percent of the final vote.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage