Ice Cube and Fred Durst Team for Comeback
What happens when a rapper meets a lead singer from a nu metal band? The result is not a singing collaboration as many would assume but a big screen feature instead; just ask Ice Cube and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit.
Yes, the two have joined forces to work on together in an inspirational sports drama entitled "Comeback" that Dimension Films is now developing. Pic is based on a true story of Jasmine Plummer who, at the age of eleven, became the first female to play in Pop Warner football tournament in its 56-year history.
Production is slated to begin on November 26 this year with Cube playing a former high school football star who takes his niece Jasmine under his wing and leads her to the Pop Warner tournament. Script initially was penned by Nick Santora but later was handed to Doug Atchison to be re-written while the former takes the producerís seat alongside Cube and Matt Alvarez.
For Durst, "Comeback" will become his second feature directorial stint after indie flick "The Education of Charlie Banks" starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, and Eva Amurri. The movie won the "Made in NY" Narrative award at the recently-held Tribeca Film Festival, a prize given to the best narrative film which was made in New York.
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis
- Paris Jackson Channels Marilyn Monroe as She's Dubbed Vanity Fair's Newest 'It Girl'