Ice Cube and Fred Durst Team for Comeback
What happens when a rapper meets a lead singer from a nu metal band? The result is not a singing collaboration as many would assume but a big screen feature instead; just ask Ice Cube and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit.
Yes, the two have joined forces to work on together in an inspirational sports drama entitled "Comeback" that Dimension Films is now developing. Pic is based on a true story of Jasmine Plummer who, at the age of eleven, became the first female to play in Pop Warner football tournament in its 56-year history.
Production is slated to begin on November 26 this year with Cube playing a former high school football star who takes his niece Jasmine under his wing and leads her to the Pop Warner tournament. Script initially was penned by Nick Santora but later was handed to Doug Atchison to be re-written while the former takes the producerís seat alongside Cube and Matt Alvarez.
For Durst, "Comeback" will become his second feature directorial stint after indie flick "The Education of Charlie Banks" starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, and Eva Amurri. The movie won the "Made in NY" Narrative award at the recently-held Tribeca Film Festival, a prize given to the best narrative film which was made in New York.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'