Ice Cube and Fred Durst Team for Comeback
What happens when a rapper meets a lead singer from a nu metal band? The result is not a singing collaboration as many would assume but a big screen feature instead; just ask Ice Cube and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit.
Yes, the two have joined forces to work on together in an inspirational sports drama entitled "Comeback" that Dimension Films is now developing. Pic is based on a true story of Jasmine Plummer who, at the age of eleven, became the first female to play in Pop Warner football tournament in its 56-year history.
Production is slated to begin on November 26 this year with Cube playing a former high school football star who takes his niece Jasmine under his wing and leads her to the Pop Warner tournament. Script initially was penned by Nick Santora but later was handed to Doug Atchison to be re-written while the former takes the producerís seat alongside Cube and Matt Alvarez.
For Durst, "Comeback" will become his second feature directorial stint after indie flick "The Education of Charlie Banks" starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, and Eva Amurri. The movie won the "Made in NY" Narrative award at the recently-held Tribeca Film Festival, a prize given to the best narrative film which was made in New York.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen