Star Trek Shooting Scoop Right from Zachary Quinto's Mouth
Featured in a recent write up on USA Today's "Celeb Watch with Will Keck" alongside his "Star Trek" co-star Leonard Nimoy, Zachary Quinto has openly unveiled few tidbits about the highly-anticipated project which will hit theaters on Christmas Day 2008.
Set to check out from NBC's series "Heroes" for a while in November to undergo 85-day shoot for the sci-fi flick, the actor informed that eleven stages have been built on the Paramount Lot and two weeks out of the shooting schedule would be spent for filming in Iceland.
Further hinted that "there's going to be a sense of guidance in this film and beyond" in his inability to respond on speculations about how helmer J.J. Abrams will make use of both he himself and Nimoy in the film, Quinto also talked a bit about his thoughts on the character he is about to play, none other than the young Mr. Spock, of which older version will be played by Nimoy as in the original series.
"I really identify with Spock's struggle," so he said. "We're going back to a time before anything (Nimoy did in the original series) was established. These characters are in a completely different stage of their lives."
Quinto and Nimoy are learned to have become fast friends since their brief meeting at the 2007 San Diego Comic-Con last month with the former being even said to find a father figure of sorts in the latter one, who turns 76 years old this year. It was Quinto who let Nimoy in on news that the role of Pavel Chekov had been given to Leningrad-born actor Anton Yelchin.
More Star Trek News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test