Avril Lavigne and Sheryl Crow Make Up 'GirlFrenzy'
Combining renowned female artists with new and upcoming ones has resulted in GirlFrenzy Festival, a musical event to take place October 27 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Irvine, California. Among those to take the stage are Avril Lavigne, Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat.
Fiona Apple, who is working on her fourth studio album, is also on the bill along with lesser known Sara Bareilles and Antigone Rising, concert promoters announced on Monday (August 20). This event was established by Right Arm Entertainment that has gained reputation through its Rock on the Range festival last May.
Tickets to this show will go on sale Saturday (August 25) and part of the income will aid Breast Cancer Research Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Caillat is a newcomer who shot to fame through her song 'Bubbly' and her MySpace profile. In equal position, Bareilles has just gained reputation through her first studio album 'Little Voice' that debuted at #45 in Billboard 200 by selling 16,000 copies. Meanwhile, all-girl rock group Antigone Rising has enjoyed sharing stages with big acts such as The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith and will have their new album released under Starbucks' Hear Music later this year.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer