Ryan Seacrest Is Hosting the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards
Ryan Seacrest can never have enough of hosting task. A radio, television personality, and anchorman, best known as the host of top-rated television show "American Idol," he's been picked to host the 59th annual Primetime Emmy Awards next month.
Seacrest "is a consummate host of major live broadcast events and a proven talent who always makes it look easy, which makes him the perfect choice for this year's Emmy telecast," Mark Darnell, president of alternative entertainment at the Fox television network, said in a statement Monday August 20th.
Besides, "Seacrest appeals to a broad audience, including the highly desirable young adult demographic, so he should serve as a magnet for attracting a diverse array of viewers to our Emmy telecast," Dick Askin, chairman and chief executive officer of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, added.
The 59th Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast by Fox on Sunday, September 16th, from Los Angeles.
In addition to hosting the "American Idol," Seacrest is also a managing editor and anchor for cable TV's "E! News," has served as a guest host for the popular "Larry King Live" talk show, and has hosted other awards shows. He has worked in radio since the age of 16th.
More Ryan Seacrest News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked