Ryan Seacrest Is Hosting the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards
Ryan Seacrest can never have enough of hosting task. A radio, television personality, and anchorman, best known as the host of top-rated television show "American Idol," he's been picked to host the 59th annual Primetime Emmy Awards next month.
Seacrest "is a consummate host of major live broadcast events and a proven talent who always makes it look easy, which makes him the perfect choice for this year's Emmy telecast," Mark Darnell, president of alternative entertainment at the Fox television network, said in a statement Monday August 20th.
Besides, "Seacrest appeals to a broad audience, including the highly desirable young adult demographic, so he should serve as a magnet for attracting a diverse array of viewers to our Emmy telecast," Dick Askin, chairman and chief executive officer of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, added.
The 59th Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast by Fox on Sunday, September 16th, from Los Angeles.
In addition to hosting the "American Idol," Seacrest is also a managing editor and anchor for cable TV's "E! News," has served as a guest host for the popular "Larry King Live" talk show, and has hosted other awards shows. He has worked in radio since the age of 16th.
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer