Rose McGowan Up for Barbarella Role?
After Kate Beckinsale's statement claiming she is not approached to play the title character in "Barbarella", words now are buzzing around that Rose McGowan is a possible candidate to fill in the role, being the girlfriend of the flick's helmer Robert Rodriguez.
According to JoBlo's inside source, the actress is close to land the part and even has already carried out some FX test footage with the crew for the film. Make no mistake, however, this could be just because she has been conveniently available for Rodriguez to use as the model for the character, and until official confirmation is made, it's best to consider the scoop as merely a rumor for now.
Gowan, widely known for her role of Paige Matthews in TV series "Charmed", got legally emancipated from her parents at age fifteen to then work her way in the professional acting field, scoring her first big screen stint in 1992's "Encino Man." Later chosen to play Ann-Margret in CBS' miniseries "Elvis", she reportedly watched the 1964 flick "Viva Las Vegas" many times to prepare for her role as the actress-singer.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza