Rose McGowan Up for Barbarella Role?
After Kate Beckinsale's statement claiming she is not approached to play the title character in "Barbarella", words now are buzzing around that Rose McGowan is a possible candidate to fill in the role, being the girlfriend of the flick's helmer Robert Rodriguez.
According to JoBlo's inside source, the actress is close to land the part and even has already carried out some FX test footage with the crew for the film. Make no mistake, however, this could be just because she has been conveniently available for Rodriguez to use as the model for the character, and until official confirmation is made, it's best to consider the scoop as merely a rumor for now.
Gowan, widely known for her role of Paige Matthews in TV series "Charmed", got legally emancipated from her parents at age fifteen to then work her way in the professional acting field, scoring her first big screen stint in 1992's "Encino Man." Later chosen to play Ann-Margret in CBS' miniseries "Elvis", she reportedly watched the 1964 flick "Viva Las Vegas" many times to prepare for her role as the actress-singer.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group