Rose McGowan Up for Barbarella Role?
After Kate Beckinsale's statement claiming she is not approached to play the title character in "Barbarella", words now are buzzing around that Rose McGowan is a possible candidate to fill in the role, being the girlfriend of the flick's helmer Robert Rodriguez.
According to JoBlo's inside source, the actress is close to land the part and even has already carried out some FX test footage with the crew for the film. Make no mistake, however, this could be just because she has been conveniently available for Rodriguez to use as the model for the character, and until official confirmation is made, it's best to consider the scoop as merely a rumor for now.
Gowan, widely known for her role of Paige Matthews in TV series "Charmed", got legally emancipated from her parents at age fifteen to then work her way in the professional acting field, scoring her first big screen stint in 1992's "Encino Man." Later chosen to play Ann-Margret in CBS' miniseries "Elvis", she reportedly watched the 1964 flick "Viva Las Vegas" many times to prepare for her role as the actress-singer.
More Rose McGowan News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia