Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and Snoop Dogg Among Hip-Hop Cash Kings
Rap is not the only field Jay-Z good at. He, instead, is proven good in cashing in his popularity by venturing into various businesses, from executive worlds of music, fashion, sport, to club. Recognized as one of the most financially successful American hip-hop artists, it is not surprising then to see his name written on the No. 1 spot of Forbes magazine's "Hip-Hop Cash Kings" list.
Earned an estimated $34 million by last year, Jay-Z besting fellow music mogul 50 Cent who comes at 2nd spot with a reported income of $32 million from his music and businesses, such as a record label, video games and a line of books. Rapper, record producer, and clothing designer P. Diddy is ranked 3rd on the list, just one place ahead of Timbaland who is at No. 4, taking in $21 million by 2006.
The No. 5 Hip-Hop Cash King is Dr. Dre who makes an estimated $20 million from numbers of his business ventures, including record producer and founder and current CEO of Aftermath Entertainment, besides that of rapping and acting. Rapper-actor Eminem comes at 6th, bringing in $18 million. Snoop Dogg, meanwhile, is at No. 7 with $17 million.
Rounding out the Top 10 are Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, and Scott Storch, the former keyboardist of The Roots, who are ranked 8th, 9th, and 10th respectively, all earned $17 million.
Forbes magazine and the E! Entertainment network will give television viewers an inside look at the list during a one-hour special. The show, which will feature interviews with Big Boi, Lil Jon, T.I., Swizz Beatz and Scott Storch, will air Saturday August 18th at 6 p.m. on E!
More Jay-Z News
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip