Method Man Agreed to Community Service Following Drug Arrest
Method Man reached a plea deal with prosecutors Friday August 17th following a marijuana arrest earlier this year. The hip hop star thus is ordered to visit 15 city high schools to warn students about the dangers of drugs.
Meth, a member of the hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, was arrested on May 17th after being stopped at the Battery Tunnel toll booths in Brooklyn for having an expired inspection sticker. Unfortunately for him the in-charge officers smelled marijuana smoke coming from his sport utility vehicle. And after further search, the authorities found marijuana inside the SUV.
As a consequence, Meth was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of marijuana, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving an un-inspected motor vehicle.
As part of the plea deal he reached with the prosecutors, Meth will have to join the Brooklyn district attorney's office's Choices and Consequences program, creating raps for children, warning them about the dangers of drug use.
Commenting on that matter, Meth's attorney Peter Frankel told New York Daily News, "He's never been in trouble with the law before. This a guy who flies in the face of all stereotypes about rappers."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger