Method Man Agreed to Community Service Following Drug Arrest
Method Man reached a plea deal with prosecutors Friday August 17th following a marijuana arrest earlier this year. The hip hop star thus is ordered to visit 15 city high schools to warn students about the dangers of drugs.
Meth, a member of the hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, was arrested on May 17th after being stopped at the Battery Tunnel toll booths in Brooklyn for having an expired inspection sticker. Unfortunately for him the in-charge officers smelled marijuana smoke coming from his sport utility vehicle. And after further search, the authorities found marijuana inside the SUV.
As a consequence, Meth was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of marijuana, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving an un-inspected motor vehicle.
As part of the plea deal he reached with the prosecutors, Meth will have to join the Brooklyn district attorney's office's Choices and Consequences program, creating raps for children, warning them about the dangers of drug use.
Commenting on that matter, Meth's attorney Peter Frankel told New York Daily News, "He's never been in trouble with the law before. This a guy who flies in the face of all stereotypes about rappers."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'