Method Man Agreed to Community Service Following Drug Arrest
Method Man reached a plea deal with prosecutors Friday August 17th following a marijuana arrest earlier this year. The hip hop star thus is ordered to visit 15 city high schools to warn students about the dangers of drugs.
Meth, a member of the hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, was arrested on May 17th after being stopped at the Battery Tunnel toll booths in Brooklyn for having an expired inspection sticker. Unfortunately for him the in-charge officers smelled marijuana smoke coming from his sport utility vehicle. And after further search, the authorities found marijuana inside the SUV.
As a consequence, Meth was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of marijuana, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving an un-inspected motor vehicle.
As part of the plea deal he reached with the prosecutors, Meth will have to join the Brooklyn district attorney's office's Choices and Consequences program, creating raps for children, warning them about the dangers of drug use.
Commenting on that matter, Meth's attorney Peter Frankel told New York Daily News, "He's never been in trouble with the law before. This a guy who flies in the face of all stereotypes about rappers."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding