Method Man Agreed to Community Service Following Drug Arrest
Method Man reached a plea deal with prosecutors Friday August 17th following a marijuana arrest earlier this year. The hip hop star thus is ordered to visit 15 city high schools to warn students about the dangers of drugs.
Meth, a member of the hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, was arrested on May 17th after being stopped at the Battery Tunnel toll booths in Brooklyn for having an expired inspection sticker. Unfortunately for him the in-charge officers smelled marijuana smoke coming from his sport utility vehicle. And after further search, the authorities found marijuana inside the SUV.
As a consequence, Meth was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of marijuana, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving an un-inspected motor vehicle.
As part of the plea deal he reached with the prosecutors, Meth will have to join the Brooklyn district attorney's office's Choices and Consequences program, creating raps for children, warning them about the dangers of drug use.
Commenting on that matter, Meth's attorney Peter Frankel told New York Daily News, "He's never been in trouble with the law before. This a guy who flies in the face of all stereotypes about rappers."
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'