TBS to Air "Ellen DeGeneres' Really Big Show" in November
Ellen DeGeneres gets back to her root, comedy. The Emmy-winning talk show host and comedian is expected to draw most laughs with her being booked as the host of the highly anticipated "Ellen's Really Big Show" November later this year.
The two-hour variety special, which is going to feature performances from the worlds of comedy and music, will be shot as part of HBO and AEG's Live's third annual The Comedy Festival (TCF), which will take place at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas from November 14th-17th with performers such Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock already announced.
TBS, which is a title sponsor of the festival, will then broadcast the special on November 18th.
"We are truly thrilled to be working with the enormously talented Ellen DeGeneres on her first TBS special," Michael Wright, senior vice president in charge of the Content Creation Group for TBS, TNT and TCM, said in a statement. "It's especially exciting to see her bring back the variety special format, which for decades provided television with some of its most memorable performances."
The praise proves to be mutual with DeGeneres saying "I'm very happy to be working with TBS. I usually put two TBS of sugar in my coffee every day, so this is a dream come true for me."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers