TBS to Air "Ellen DeGeneres' Really Big Show" in November
Ellen DeGeneres gets back to her root, comedy. The Emmy-winning talk show host and comedian is expected to draw most laughs with her being booked as the host of the highly anticipated "Ellen's Really Big Show" November later this year.
The two-hour variety special, which is going to feature performances from the worlds of comedy and music, will be shot as part of HBO and AEG's Live's third annual The Comedy Festival (TCF), which will take place at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas from November 14th-17th with performers such Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock already announced.
TBS, which is a title sponsor of the festival, will then broadcast the special on November 18th.
"We are truly thrilled to be working with the enormously talented Ellen DeGeneres on her first TBS special," Michael Wright, senior vice president in charge of the Content Creation Group for TBS, TNT and TCM, said in a statement. "It's especially exciting to see her bring back the variety special format, which for decades provided television with some of its most memorable performances."
The praise proves to be mutual with DeGeneres saying "I'm very happy to be working with TBS. I usually put two TBS of sugar in my coffee every day, so this is a dream come true for me."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date