Mandy Moore Covering Rihanna's 'Umbrella'!
For those who want to know how Rihanna's 'Umbrella' will sound like in pop, they can thank Mandy Moore. The singer has covered the R&B hit song in a slower, more ballad-like arrangement.
Moore who previously said, "I'm not a big Top 40 sort-of listener and I don't tend to listen to this type of music..." has apparently changed her mind after listening to 'Umbrella'. The decision to do her version of the song is because she "could not think of a recent song more melodic than Umbrella'"
In her rendition, the emphasizing of ella-ay-ay is not as as strong as Rihanna's and even the bridge almost bears no similarity to the original one.
'Umbrella' has actually been covered and remixed by many artists. Chris Brown was the first to change the lyrics, put a new title (Cinderella) and released it on air. Rapper Lil Mama also made her version and hers sometimes gets the airplay on Urban radio more often than Rihanna's.
Moore had just released a new album 'Wild Hope' last June. She is currently playing mid-size venues in western U.S. with Paula Cole.
Mandy Moore's Cover of 'Umbrella':
More Mandy Moore News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video