Mandy Moore Covering Rihanna's 'Umbrella'!
For those who want to know how Rihanna's 'Umbrella' will sound like in pop, they can thank Mandy Moore. The singer has covered the R&B hit song in a slower, more ballad-like arrangement.
Moore who previously said, "I'm not a big Top 40 sort-of listener and I don't tend to listen to this type of music..." has apparently changed her mind after listening to 'Umbrella'. The decision to do her version of the song is because she "could not think of a recent song more melodic than Umbrella'"
In her rendition, the emphasizing of ella-ay-ay is not as as strong as Rihanna's and even the bridge almost bears no similarity to the original one.
'Umbrella' has actually been covered and remixed by many artists. Chris Brown was the first to change the lyrics, put a new title (Cinderella) and released it on air. Rapper Lil Mama also made her version and hers sometimes gets the airplay on Urban radio more often than Rihanna's.
Moore had just released a new album 'Wild Hope' last June. She is currently playing mid-size venues in western U.S. with Paula Cole.
Mandy Moore's Cover of 'Umbrella':
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture