Mandy Moore Covering Rihanna's 'Umbrella'!
For those who want to know how Rihanna's 'Umbrella' will sound like in pop, they can thank Mandy Moore. The singer has covered the R&B hit song in a slower, more ballad-like arrangement.
Moore who previously said, "I'm not a big Top 40 sort-of listener and I don't tend to listen to this type of music..." has apparently changed her mind after listening to 'Umbrella'. The decision to do her version of the song is because she "could not think of a recent song more melodic than Umbrella'"
In her rendition, the emphasizing of ella-ay-ay is not as as strong as Rihanna's and even the bridge almost bears no similarity to the original one.
'Umbrella' has actually been covered and remixed by many artists. Chris Brown was the first to change the lyrics, put a new title (Cinderella) and released it on air. Rapper Lil Mama also made her version and hers sometimes gets the airplay on Urban radio more often than Rihanna's.
Moore had just released a new album 'Wild Hope' last June. She is currently playing mid-size venues in western U.S. with Paula Cole.
Mandy Moore's Cover of 'Umbrella':
More Mandy Moore News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge