Mandy Moore Covering Rihanna's 'Umbrella'!
For those who want to know how Rihanna's 'Umbrella' will sound like in pop, they can thank Mandy Moore. The singer has covered the R&B hit song in a slower, more ballad-like arrangement.
Moore who previously said, "I'm not a big Top 40 sort-of listener and I don't tend to listen to this type of music..." has apparently changed her mind after listening to 'Umbrella'. The decision to do her version of the song is because she "could not think of a recent song more melodic than Umbrella'"
In her rendition, the emphasizing of ella-ay-ay is not as as strong as Rihanna's and even the bridge almost bears no similarity to the original one.
'Umbrella' has actually been covered and remixed by many artists. Chris Brown was the first to change the lyrics, put a new title (Cinderella) and released it on air. Rapper Lil Mama also made her version and hers sometimes gets the airplay on Urban radio more often than Rihanna's.
Moore had just released a new album 'Wild Hope' last June. She is currently playing mid-size venues in western U.S. with Paula Cole.
Mandy Moore's Cover of 'Umbrella':
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos