High School Musical 2 Debuts Friday, August 17, 2007
For every teenager across the nation, this Friday night probably is the moment they have been waiting for so long.
Yes, it's the coming of "High School Musical 2" they are looking forward to watch on the day as the TV movie makes its debut on Disney Channel U.S. at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. The highly-anticipated follow-up to last year's hit "High School Musical", the show will then be featured Saturday and Sunday, August 18 and 19, in online and on-air programming events hosted by the movie's cast before hitting Disney Channels around the world beginning in September.
In celebrating the sequel's arrival, it is reported that Radio Disney AM910 will host a free party on August 17 beginning at 6 p.m. at the Energy Solutions Arena in downtown Salt Lake City. A screening of the flick will be telecast at 7:00 PM on a big screen in the arena's VIP room, marked by interesting games and prizes.
Prior to the TV debut, a world premiere for the movie was held Tuesday, August 14 at the AMC Theatres in the Downtown Disney District with the cast members bringing highlight to it. Spotted walking down the blue carpet were Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, and Olesya Rulin, among others. Other famous names also were present, including "Hannah Montana" star Miley Cyrus and Cindy Crawford as well as David Beckham and wife Victoria Adams who brought all their sons along.
Set to repeat the success its predecessor attained, "High School Musical 2" brings back the Wildcats who are getting ready for a fun summer vacation. The plan, however, gets ruined when scheming drama queen Sharpay Evans uses her dad's connections to get Troy Bolton a job at Lava Springs, their ritzy country club, and a chance at a college basketball scholarship. This makes Troy have to turn his back on his friends and pair up with Sharpay in a musical extravaganza for the club's annual talent show, but in the end, he must decide where his loyalties truly lie.
More Vanessa Hudgens News
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics