Lindsay Lohan Sued for Assault and Negligence
Lindsay Lohan hits another new low with another car chase suit. The troubled singer who is said to have been spending her time in an undisclosed rehab facility, was sued Tuesday August 14th for assault and negligence by Tracie Rice, a woman who was a passenger in a car that the star is accused of chasing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
In the lawsuit she filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Rice alleged she was the passenger in the SUV which Lindsay chased in the early morning of July 24th. She was riding with Michelle Beck, the mother of Lindsay's former assistant, when the star's car suddenly "made a corresponding aggressive move in an effort to block their escape" every time Beck tried to drive away.
Rice claimed that the cars were at one point "grill to grill" and that Lindsay tried to use her headlights to blind them as she drove on the wrong side of the road. Rice also said that a man got out of the car and ran to them in a threatening manner, she thought they were being car jacked.
Rice thus seeking unspecified damages for assault and infliction of emotional distress by Lindsay. "What Miss Lohan did that night was extremely dangerous and reprehensible. Someone could easily have been killed or seriously hurt because of her irresponsible decisions," Rice said in a statement released by her Los Angeles attorneys.
Lindsay was arrested in the early morning hours of July 24th by police in Santa Monica, California on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license, and possession of a controlled substance. She's scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 24th to face the charges.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes