Newcomer Lucy Walsh Offers Upbeat '80s Driven Album
On the trail of her father's famous name, Lucy Walsh defines herself as a musician through the release of a debut album 'Lost in the Lights'. The daughter of Eagles' Joe Walsh is determined to make a major change in music industry with her pop/rock sound album.
Lucy has been writing and recording for this album since last year. The singer, who works with her label mates in Island/Def Jam, self-described the sound as a fun, vibrant and '80s or classically infused. “Blending organic with synthetic sounds has always appealed to me, and when I began recording these songs, that’s the approach I naturally took,” she said.
First single 'So Uncool' has been played in several U.S. radio stations and its video which will be premiered soon has been shot in July. Another track called 'Crash' also deserves the attention for the upbeat tune is an interesting sample of Naked Eyes' 'Always Something There to Remind Me'.
On being compared to Cyndie Lauper, Lucy herself admits that her music influence came strongly from the '80s singer. “I remember being three years old, listening to ‘True Colors' and crying my eyes out,” she said. “I was overwhelmed with joy, but my mom thought I was sad and threatened to take it away unless I stopped the tears. Now that I’m an adult, many people compare me to Cyndi in terms of colorful personality and quirkiness, and I have no doubt that I was subconsciously shaped by Cyndi as a performer.”
Lucy started her music career at the age of 18 when she became acquainted to Ashlee Simpson. Joining Ashlee's 2004 Autobiography tour, Lucy gained her first major publication through MTV's 'The Ashlee Simpson Show'.
'Lost in the Lights' will hit U.S. stores October 23. Have a sneak peek of 'Crash' below:
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video