Warner Bros. Doing Maintenance
Warner Bros.' journey in making comic book adaptations continues. After recent acquisitions of "Jonah Hex" and "In the Small", the studio now is reported to develop "Maintenance" based on Oni Press' graphic novel series of the same name.
In bringing out the project to life, Warner has appointed Joe Ballarini to work on the script with "Charlie’s Angels" helmer McG to possibly direct. It is learned that McG’s production company, Wonderland Sound & Vision, will also produce the flick.
"Some of the films that made me want to become a director like 'Back to the Future' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' are based on action, comedy and ground-breaking special effects," so said McG. "It is my goal to make 'Maintenance' in the same tradition."
The original, created by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, concerns the exploits of two janitors who work at Terrormax Inc., the world's leading manufacturer and supplier of weapons as well as doomsday devices to super-villains. If the two are not too busy cleaning up toxic spills and performing menial repairs on time machines, they just might save the world.
- Kim Kardashian's Stolen Jewelry Re-Cut and Sold on Black Market After Robbery
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas