Warner Bros. Doing Maintenance
Warner Bros.' journey in making comic book adaptations continues. After recent acquisitions of "Jonah Hex" and "In the Small", the studio now is reported to develop "Maintenance" based on Oni Press' graphic novel series of the same name.
In bringing out the project to life, Warner has appointed Joe Ballarini to work on the script with "Charlie’s Angels" helmer McG to possibly direct. It is learned that McG’s production company, Wonderland Sound & Vision, will also produce the flick.
"Some of the films that made me want to become a director like 'Back to the Future' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' are based on action, comedy and ground-breaking special effects," so said McG. "It is my goal to make 'Maintenance' in the same tradition."
The original, created by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, concerns the exploits of two janitors who work at Terrormax Inc., the world's leading manufacturer and supplier of weapons as well as doomsday devices to super-villains. If the two are not too busy cleaning up toxic spills and performing menial repairs on time machines, they just might save the world.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video