Warner Bros. Doing Maintenance
Warner Bros.' journey in making comic book adaptations continues. After recent acquisitions of "Jonah Hex" and "In the Small", the studio now is reported to develop "Maintenance" based on Oni Press' graphic novel series of the same name.
In bringing out the project to life, Warner has appointed Joe Ballarini to work on the script with "Charlie’s Angels" helmer McG to possibly direct. It is learned that McG’s production company, Wonderland Sound & Vision, will also produce the flick.
"Some of the films that made me want to become a director like 'Back to the Future' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' are based on action, comedy and ground-breaking special effects," so said McG. "It is my goal to make 'Maintenance' in the same tradition."
The original, created by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, concerns the exploits of two janitors who work at Terrormax Inc., the world's leading manufacturer and supplier of weapons as well as doomsday devices to super-villains. If the two are not too busy cleaning up toxic spills and performing menial repairs on time machines, they just might save the world.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs