Warner Bros. Doing Maintenance
Warner Bros.' journey in making comic book adaptations continues. After recent acquisitions of "Jonah Hex" and "In the Small", the studio now is reported to develop "Maintenance" based on Oni Press' graphic novel series of the same name.
In bringing out the project to life, Warner has appointed Joe Ballarini to work on the script with "Charlie’s Angels" helmer McG to possibly direct. It is learned that McG’s production company, Wonderland Sound & Vision, will also produce the flick.
"Some of the films that made me want to become a director like 'Back to the Future' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' are based on action, comedy and ground-breaking special effects," so said McG. "It is my goal to make 'Maintenance' in the same tradition."
The original, created by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, concerns the exploits of two janitors who work at Terrormax Inc., the world's leading manufacturer and supplier of weapons as well as doomsday devices to super-villains. If the two are not too busy cleaning up toxic spills and performing menial repairs on time machines, they just might save the world.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'