50 Cent to Outsell Kanye West or Quit
50 Cent believes that his upcoming record will beat Kanye West's in terms of numbers and he's willing to put his solo music career at stake. 'Curtis' is either to take over West's 'Graduation' or else it will be the second last album he wrote for himself.
The rapper insists on keeping the date of his album release (September 11) which in coincidence is also West's. The chart battle went on with an offer to debate on national television and now to put a bet on it.
"Let's raise the stakes," the 50 told SOHH.com during an interview. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."
"And I bet this - when Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70percent decrease (on the second week), 'cause Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him closer to 50 Cent," he continued. "So, watch the first week, and then watch the second week. Watch his drop off the planet. We keep our angles covered before we make a decent bet."
Call it a battle or simply creation of the greatest music moment this year, the battle seemingly is non personal. 50 admitted to being in the studio with West recently although no fruitful result has come. "We worked together on an actual record to try and create something," 50 said.
"I went in with Kanye, I went in with Swizz Beatz, I went in with will.i.am, I went in with Polow (Da Don), just to see if they had something I didn't, to create a new direction for me that I couldn't get my hands on. I mean, these guys are popular producers (and) have a higher consistency than a guy that's unknown, but a lot of times they may have music planned that doesn't fit the project that you're working on."
Kanye, a six time Grammy-winning singer, sold 860,000 copies of his 2005 album 'Late Registration' in the first week release. In the same year, 50, sold more than 1.14 million units of his album 'The Massacre', making the disc the best selling record that year.
More 50 Cent News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic