Christian Slater Swimming with Sharks to the West End
Christian Slater is heading for the West End, about to take the lead in "Swimming with Sharks," which is Michael Lesslie's play adapted from the 1994 black comedy/drama film of the same title that starred Kevin Spacey as the lead role.
Slater, who was last seen on the London stage in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 2006, will play the role of Buddy Ackerman, a Hollywood movie mogul and the boss from hell, who ends up being taken hostage by his long-suffering assistant.
Slater will take the stage for the production at London's Vaudeville Theatre beginning from October 16th for a 15-week season with previews begin on October 5th.
"The moment I read this script I knew I had to do it. This is a fantastic, edge of the seat, gripping story told with a wickedly funny wit," the actor said on his joining the project. "It's a great role, a great play and I can't wait to get back on to the London stage - it's like my second home."
"Swimming with Sharks" will be produced by Nick Frankfort and Tobias Round for CMP and Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer for Nimax Theaters Limited.
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!