Christian Slater Swimming with Sharks to the West End
Christian Slater is heading for the West End, about to take the lead in "Swimming with Sharks," which is Michael Lesslie's play adapted from the 1994 black comedy/drama film of the same title that starred Kevin Spacey as the lead role.
Slater, who was last seen on the London stage in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 2006, will play the role of Buddy Ackerman, a Hollywood movie mogul and the boss from hell, who ends up being taken hostage by his long-suffering assistant.
Slater will take the stage for the production at London's Vaudeville Theatre beginning from October 16th for a 15-week season with previews begin on October 5th.
"The moment I read this script I knew I had to do it. This is a fantastic, edge of the seat, gripping story told with a wickedly funny wit," the actor said on his joining the project. "It's a great role, a great play and I can't wait to get back on to the London stage - it's like my second home."
"Swimming with Sharks" will be produced by Nick Frankfort and Tobias Round for CMP and Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer for Nimax Theaters Limited.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding