Christian Slater Swimming with Sharks to the West End
Christian Slater is heading for the West End, about to take the lead in "Swimming with Sharks," which is Michael Lesslie's play adapted from the 1994 black comedy/drama film of the same title that starred Kevin Spacey as the lead role.
Slater, who was last seen on the London stage in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 2006, will play the role of Buddy Ackerman, a Hollywood movie mogul and the boss from hell, who ends up being taken hostage by his long-suffering assistant.
Slater will take the stage for the production at London's Vaudeville Theatre beginning from October 16th for a 15-week season with previews begin on October 5th.
"The moment I read this script I knew I had to do it. This is a fantastic, edge of the seat, gripping story told with a wickedly funny wit," the actor said on his joining the project. "It's a great role, a great play and I can't wait to get back on to the London stage - it's like my second home."
"Swimming with Sharks" will be produced by Nick Frankfort and Tobias Round for CMP and Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer for Nimax Theaters Limited.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!