Christian Slater Swimming with Sharks to the West End
Christian Slater is heading for the West End, about to take the lead in "Swimming with Sharks," which is Michael Lesslie's play adapted from the 1994 black comedy/drama film of the same title that starred Kevin Spacey as the lead role.
Slater, who was last seen on the London stage in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 2006, will play the role of Buddy Ackerman, a Hollywood movie mogul and the boss from hell, who ends up being taken hostage by his long-suffering assistant.
Slater will take the stage for the production at London's Vaudeville Theatre beginning from October 16th for a 15-week season with previews begin on October 5th.
"The moment I read this script I knew I had to do it. This is a fantastic, edge of the seat, gripping story told with a wickedly funny wit," the actor said on his joining the project. "It's a great role, a great play and I can't wait to get back on to the London stage - it's like my second home."
"Swimming with Sharks" will be produced by Nick Frankfort and Tobias Round for CMP and Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer for Nimax Theaters Limited.
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'