Beyonce Knowles Is AmEx's New Face
Beyonce Knowles is adding another multi-million dollar endorsement deal to her resume as she's been tapped to be the new face of American Express, a diversified global financial services company, headquartered in New York City, best known for its credit card, charge card and traveler's cheque businesses.
Her tapping to front the new American Express campaign thus puts her in line with the likes of Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Kate Winslet, Venus Williams and Tiger Woods, who has just been dropped as a sponsor by American Express following 10 years of service in the role for the credit card company.
"She's a role model for so many young people. She has tremendous cross-over appeal the same way Tiger (Woods) does. She's an inspiration for lots of people. She's a great fit for American Express," OK! magazine quoted a source as saying.
On her new calling, Beyonce already shot print ads for the multi-million dollar campaign and is scheduled to begin shooting commercials in New York City on August 6th.
In other Beyonce news, the R&B singer leads the pack with seven MTV Video Music Award nominations, naming some are Video of the Year for her hit single "Irreplaceable" and Female Artist of the Year.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding