Beyonce Knowles Is AmEx's New Face
Beyonce Knowles is adding another multi-million dollar endorsement deal to her resume as she's been tapped to be the new face of American Express, a diversified global financial services company, headquartered in New York City, best known for its credit card, charge card and traveler's cheque businesses.
Her tapping to front the new American Express campaign thus puts her in line with the likes of Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Kate Winslet, Venus Williams and Tiger Woods, who has just been dropped as a sponsor by American Express following 10 years of service in the role for the credit card company.
"She's a role model for so many young people. She has tremendous cross-over appeal the same way Tiger (Woods) does. She's an inspiration for lots of people. She's a great fit for American Express," OK! magazine quoted a source as saying.
On her new calling, Beyonce already shot print ads for the multi-million dollar campaign and is scheduled to begin shooting commercials in New York City on August 6th.
In other Beyonce news, the R&B singer leads the pack with seven MTV Video Music Award nominations, naming some are Video of the Year for her hit single "Irreplaceable" and Female Artist of the Year.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor