Carla Gugino Cast as Sally Jupiter in Watchmen
Following the inclusion of Malin Akerman, "Watchmen" filmmakers appear to be quick indeed in finding another female figure for the flick as Carla Gugino has been announced to join the cast as Sally Jupiter, the first Silk Spectre also the mother of Laurie Juspeczyk aka the new Silk Spectre played by Akerman.
A former frizzy haired red head waitress and burlesque dancer, Jupiter is part of the Minutemen, a group of superheroes formed before the events of Watchmen. It is expected for Gugino to portray the character in varying eras, playing different ages throughout the movie.
"Watchmen", slated to enter principal photography this fall in Vancouver, Canada, has been known to be one of the long-gestating film projects Hollywood ever has, being developed since 1986 by 20th Century Fox prior to Warner Bros. Pictures. For two decades, the film has undergone changes of directors as well as screenwriters with names like Terry Gilliam, Charles McKeown, Darren Aronosfky, and David Hayter attached before Zack Snyder and Alex Tse ultimately got on board to fill in the respective positions.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns