Carla Gugino Cast as Sally Jupiter in Watchmen
Following the inclusion of Malin Akerman, "Watchmen" filmmakers appear to be quick indeed in finding another female figure for the flick as Carla Gugino has been announced to join the cast as Sally Jupiter, the first Silk Spectre also the mother of Laurie Juspeczyk aka the new Silk Spectre played by Akerman.
A former frizzy haired red head waitress and burlesque dancer, Jupiter is part of the Minutemen, a group of superheroes formed before the events of Watchmen. It is expected for Gugino to portray the character in varying eras, playing different ages throughout the movie.
"Watchmen", slated to enter principal photography this fall in Vancouver, Canada, has been known to be one of the long-gestating film projects Hollywood ever has, being developed since 1986 by 20th Century Fox prior to Warner Bros. Pictures. For two decades, the film has undergone changes of directors as well as screenwriters with names like Terry Gilliam, Charles McKeown, Darren Aronosfky, and David Hayter attached before Zack Snyder and Alex Tse ultimately got on board to fill in the respective positions.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa