Carla Gugino Cast as Sally Jupiter in Watchmen
Following the inclusion of Malin Akerman, "Watchmen" filmmakers appear to be quick indeed in finding another female figure for the flick as Carla Gugino has been announced to join the cast as Sally Jupiter, the first Silk Spectre also the mother of Laurie Juspeczyk aka the new Silk Spectre played by Akerman.
A former frizzy haired red head waitress and burlesque dancer, Jupiter is part of the Minutemen, a group of superheroes formed before the events of Watchmen. It is expected for Gugino to portray the character in varying eras, playing different ages throughout the movie.
"Watchmen", slated to enter principal photography this fall in Vancouver, Canada, has been known to be one of the long-gestating film projects Hollywood ever has, being developed since 1986 by 20th Century Fox prior to Warner Bros. Pictures. For two decades, the film has undergone changes of directors as well as screenwriters with names like Terry Gilliam, Charles McKeown, Darren Aronosfky, and David Hayter attached before Zack Snyder and Alex Tse ultimately got on board to fill in the respective positions.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!