J.Lo Won a $545,000 Breach-of-Contract Suit Against First Husband
Jennifer Lopez is getting richer as she has just been awarded nearly $545,000 in a breaching-of-contract lawsuit she filed against her first husband Ojani Noa, seeking to prevent him from publishing a tell all book in which he claimed she had several affairs while they were still married.
Lopez's attorney, Paul Sorrell, obtained the award Monday August 6th as soon as he filed court papers asking a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to confirm the decision in a hearing scheduled for September 5th. The decision thus put the brake on Noa's plans to publish the book, which was to be titled "The Unknown Truth: A Passionate Portrait of a Serial Thriller."
In his book Noa reportedly accused Lopez of having sexual affairs during the making of her 1997 monster thriller "Anaconda" that means when they were still married. He claimed in the book that the actress-singer also has an affair with her future hubby Marc Anthony while she was still dating P. Diddy and Anthony was married to beauty queen Dayanara Torres.
Unfortunately for Noa that judge found the book as a violation to a settlement in a separate lawsuit in which he agreed not to disparage Lopez or to attempt to profit by disclosing details about her private life.
The award obtained by Lopez consists of $200,000 in compensatory damages for breach of the couple's previously mentioned settlement agreement, nearly $300,000 in attorneys' fees and almost $48,000 in arbitration costs.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'