Matthew Vaughn Admits Possibility on Helming Thor
From fantasy to superhero movie, there Matthew Vaughn may go.
Admitting the possibility of the transition, the British filmmaker has told Ain't It Cool News (AICN) that he may get "Thor" as his future directing project after "Stardust", which is slated to hit theaters this Friday, August 10, 2007.
"I've been discussing it with Marvel. I really like the Marvel guys, and it would be good to make. We're trying to find something to work on together," he remarked, further saying, "If Thor is going to happen, I don't know. I'm seeing them again next week. And, the other problem is the whole strike thing. It's, like, we'd like to make a movie before the strike, so whether Thor could be the one, I don't know."
The strike referred should be none other than the seemingly inevitable breakdown in negotiations among the film studios and the Writers Guild of America, Directors Guild of America, and Screen Actors Guild, all approaching the end of their current contracts. If a project appears to be in development past the strike zone - and "Thor" almost certainly fits that description - it is likely to stay on the shelf until new agreements are made.
Vaughn, a native of London, England, previously was the initial name that 20th Century Fox hired to take over Bryan Singer's position in directing its "X-Men: The Last Stand." However, the man later decided to back out and so, got replaced by Brett Ratner, who successfully led the flick to score massive box office tally around $234 million in North America only.
More Thor News
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance