NBA Star Yao Ming Gets Hitched
Yao Ming is off the market. The Chinese professional basketball player and the best center in the National Basketball Association (NBA) today, married his longtime girlfriend Ye Li in a private ceremony held at a swanky hotel in his hometown of Shanghai Monday August 6th.
The three hour wedding ceremony, held at the five-star Shangri-La Hotel, was attended by more than 70 family members who along with the newlyweds will cruise the Huangpu River in a luxury houseboat, it has been reported.
There were reportedly 100 reporters staked out the riverside hotel's lobby, but Yao sent a message that he would give no interviews. However, he sent each of them a compact disc of studio wedding photos, along with celebratory candy.
Yao and Ye, a basketball player for the Chinese national women's team, already pocketed their official marriage certificate last Friday. The couple has been dating for about seven years.
Following their $130,000 wedding, Yao and Ye will go to Beijing on Tuesday August 7th to take part in festivities celebrating the one-year mark until the opening of the Beijing Olympic Games. And since there were no teammates, coaches or basketball officials invited into the wedding, the pair will host a dinner for members of China's men's and women's basketball teams during their stay there.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role