New Details Revealed on Warcraft Movie
Responding to the curiosity surrounding its "Warcraft" project since announcement was made on the film adaptation of the Blizzard Entertainment popular fantasy video game series, Legendary Pictures, along with Blizzard, has delightfully opened up handfuls of the movie’s details at this year’s BlizzCon, Blizzard’s annual convention about its major franchises, held in Anaheim, California.
Hosting a panel on the flick at the event, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni plus Blizzard's Paul Sams and Chris Metzen all confirmed that the film will be aimed for a 2009 release and made as a live-action feature, with a yet to be determined level of CG environments and effects.
Further informed the two companies do have full intention to "create an epic" instead of "another video game movie", Metzen firmly remarked that the story would be set about a year before the events in the original take place and "principally told from the Alliance perspective" while stating the filmmakers are definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of the game.
"It's not PillowfightCraft," so he said.
As for the director, it was learned from the three that no name has been attached yet for the position, yet conversations about this matter turn out to have already been started indeed.
"We're going to be looking for someone of [300 director Zack Snyder or Batman Begins director Chris Nolan's] caliber," Metzen explained.
Said to be made using over $100 million budget, "Warcraft" was first announced to be developed in May 2006 following Legendary’s acquisition of the screen rights to the original. The game’s lead designer Rob Pardo was noted to have expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of it to the appropriate medium of the film, adding that the designers were collaborating with Legendary on story and script development.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern