New Details Revealed on Warcraft Movie
Responding to the curiosity surrounding its "Warcraft" project since announcement was made on the film adaptation of the Blizzard Entertainment popular fantasy video game series, Legendary Pictures, along with Blizzard, has delightfully opened up handfuls of the movie’s details at this year’s BlizzCon, Blizzard’s annual convention about its major franchises, held in Anaheim, California.
Hosting a panel on the flick at the event, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni plus Blizzard's Paul Sams and Chris Metzen all confirmed that the film will be aimed for a 2009 release and made as a live-action feature, with a yet to be determined level of CG environments and effects.
Further informed the two companies do have full intention to "create an epic" instead of "another video game movie", Metzen firmly remarked that the story would be set about a year before the events in the original take place and "principally told from the Alliance perspective" while stating the filmmakers are definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of the game.
"It's not PillowfightCraft," so he said.
As for the director, it was learned from the three that no name has been attached yet for the position, yet conversations about this matter turn out to have already been started indeed.
"We're going to be looking for someone of [300 director Zack Snyder or Batman Begins director Chris Nolan's] caliber," Metzen explained.
Said to be made using over $100 million budget, "Warcraft" was first announced to be developed in May 2006 following Legendary’s acquisition of the screen rights to the original. The game’s lead designer Rob Pardo was noted to have expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of it to the appropriate medium of the film, adding that the designers were collaborating with Legendary on story and script development.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber