New Details Revealed on Warcraft Movie
Responding to the curiosity surrounding its "Warcraft" project since announcement was made on the film adaptation of the Blizzard Entertainment popular fantasy video game series, Legendary Pictures, along with Blizzard, has delightfully opened up handfuls of the movie’s details at this year’s BlizzCon, Blizzard’s annual convention about its major franchises, held in Anaheim, California.
Hosting a panel on the flick at the event, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni plus Blizzard's Paul Sams and Chris Metzen all confirmed that the film will be aimed for a 2009 release and made as a live-action feature, with a yet to be determined level of CG environments and effects.
Further informed the two companies do have full intention to "create an epic" instead of "another video game movie", Metzen firmly remarked that the story would be set about a year before the events in the original take place and "principally told from the Alliance perspective" while stating the filmmakers are definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of the game.
"It's not PillowfightCraft," so he said.
As for the director, it was learned from the three that no name has been attached yet for the position, yet conversations about this matter turn out to have already been started indeed.
"We're going to be looking for someone of [300 director Zack Snyder or Batman Begins director Chris Nolan's] caliber," Metzen explained.
Said to be made using over $100 million budget, "Warcraft" was first announced to be developed in May 2006 following Legendary’s acquisition of the screen rights to the original. The game’s lead designer Rob Pardo was noted to have expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of it to the appropriate medium of the film, adding that the designers were collaborating with Legendary on story and script development.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch