Comedian Chris Rock Cleared in Paternity Case
Chris Rock is innocent. The comedian is cleared off the paternity suit brought by journalist Kali Bowyer earlier this year, claimed he's the father of her 13-year-old son Jordan.
Bowyer took her story, that son Jordan is the result of the brief romance she had with Rock in the early 1990s, to the media earlier this year before then filed a paternity suit against the star in March, seeking child support and medical coverage for Jordan.
Initially filed the suit in local court in Bulloch County west of Savannah where she lives in, Bowyer then had it withdrawn after court officials told her it was outside the southeast Georgia county's jurisdiction because Rock is a New Jersey resident.
Rock, on the other hand, asked the Georgia court in April to start paternity proceedings to resolve the case. Bulloch County Superior Court judge then ordered DNA testing on Rock and the boy June 8th. The result of the DNA test, in fact, proved Rock is not Jordan's father. "The results of the test are that Chris Rock is not the father of this child," Rock's attorney John Mayoue said in a statement Monday August 6th. "It is conclusive."
In their response Rock and his wife Malaak Compton issued a statement saying they were happy the case is over. Read the complete statement issued by the couple here.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell