Comedian Chris Rock Cleared in Paternity Case
Chris Rock is innocent. The comedian is cleared off the paternity suit brought by journalist Kali Bowyer earlier this year, claimed he's the father of her 13-year-old son Jordan.
Bowyer took her story, that son Jordan is the result of the brief romance she had with Rock in the early 1990s, to the media earlier this year before then filed a paternity suit against the star in March, seeking child support and medical coverage for Jordan.
Initially filed the suit in local court in Bulloch County west of Savannah where she lives in, Bowyer then had it withdrawn after court officials told her it was outside the southeast Georgia county's jurisdiction because Rock is a New Jersey resident.
Rock, on the other hand, asked the Georgia court in April to start paternity proceedings to resolve the case. Bulloch County Superior Court judge then ordered DNA testing on Rock and the boy June 8th. The result of the DNA test, in fact, proved Rock is not Jordan's father. "The results of the test are that Chris Rock is not the father of this child," Rock's attorney John Mayoue said in a statement Monday August 6th. "It is conclusive."
In their response Rock and his wife Malaak Compton issued a statement saying they were happy the case is over. Read the complete statement issued by the couple here.
More Chris Rock News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic