Alison Krauss Teams Up with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant has been waiting for years to complete a duet album with blue grass singer Alison Krauss and now the time has come. A compilation consisting of cover songs titled 'Raising Sand' will be released October 23.
Among those in the track list are Plant's hit 'Please Read the Letter' that he did with band mate Jimmy Page and appeared on his 1999's album 'Walking Into Clarksdale', Gene Clark's 'Polly', Naomi Neville's 'Fortune Teller', and Tom Waits' duet with Kathleen Brennan on 'Trampled Rose'.
For this record, Krauss and Plant had worked with Grammy-winning producer T-Bone Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles Studios. The couple had earlier performed together seven years ago at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a tribute to American folk and blues musician Leadbelly.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival