Alison Krauss Teams Up with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant has been waiting for years to complete a duet album with blue grass singer Alison Krauss and now the time has come. A compilation consisting of cover songs titled 'Raising Sand' will be released October 23.
Among those in the track list are Plant's hit 'Please Read the Letter' that he did with band mate Jimmy Page and appeared on his 1999's album 'Walking Into Clarksdale', Gene Clark's 'Polly', Naomi Neville's 'Fortune Teller', and Tom Waits' duet with Kathleen Brennan on 'Trampled Rose'.
For this record, Krauss and Plant had worked with Grammy-winning producer T-Bone Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles Studios. The couple had earlier performed together seven years ago at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a tribute to American folk and blues musician Leadbelly.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer