Alison Krauss Teams Up with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant has been waiting for years to complete a duet album with blue grass singer Alison Krauss and now the time has come. A compilation consisting of cover songs titled 'Raising Sand' will be released October 23.
Among those in the track list are Plant's hit 'Please Read the Letter' that he did with band mate Jimmy Page and appeared on his 1999's album 'Walking Into Clarksdale', Gene Clark's 'Polly', Naomi Neville's 'Fortune Teller', and Tom Waits' duet with Kathleen Brennan on 'Trampled Rose'.
For this record, Krauss and Plant had worked with Grammy-winning producer T-Bone Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles Studios. The couple had earlier performed together seven years ago at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a tribute to American folk and blues musician Leadbelly.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale