Alison Krauss Teams Up with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant has been waiting for years to complete a duet album with blue grass singer Alison Krauss and now the time has come. A compilation consisting of cover songs titled 'Raising Sand' will be released October 23.
Among those in the track list are Plant's hit 'Please Read the Letter' that he did with band mate Jimmy Page and appeared on his 1999's album 'Walking Into Clarksdale', Gene Clark's 'Polly', Naomi Neville's 'Fortune Teller', and Tom Waits' duet with Kathleen Brennan on 'Trampled Rose'.
For this record, Krauss and Plant had worked with Grammy-winning producer T-Bone Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles Studios. The couple had earlier performed together seven years ago at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a tribute to American folk and blues musician Leadbelly.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie