Korn's Guitarist Explains Drummer's Departure
If Terry Bozzio cited "personal conflicts" as the reason he left Korn, the band's guitarist James Shaffer went for details. Shaffer revealed that Bozzio departed after the drummer made "offensive" demand to the band.
“There were certain demands that he made," Shaffer spoke. "We weren't ready to meet those demands. He was a great guy and a phenomenal drummer but the demands that he made were offensive. He wanted to be a member of the band, and that included ownership. We were like, 'What, you want to have 25 per cent of everything?' We can't just sign away the right to music on a whim."
Bozzio is the temporary drummer of the nu-metal band, sitting for David Silvera that goes hiatus. Together with Bozzio, remaining members Jonathan Davis, Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu and Shaffer himself worked on the new untitled album, released on July 31. The band initially wanted Bozzio to stay for one more studio album but decided otherwise after he got a little ahead himself.
"It's like some chick that you hang out with and all of a sudden they want to move in," Shaffer made comparison. "What do you say to that? 'You were supposed to stay for the weekend, but you moved in.' It was kind of like that.”
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist