Korn's Guitarist Explains Drummer's Departure
If Terry Bozzio cited "personal conflicts" as the reason he left Korn, the band's guitarist James Shaffer went for details. Shaffer revealed that Bozzio departed after the drummer made "offensive" demand to the band.
“There were certain demands that he made," Shaffer spoke. "We weren't ready to meet those demands. He was a great guy and a phenomenal drummer but the demands that he made were offensive. He wanted to be a member of the band, and that included ownership. We were like, 'What, you want to have 25 per cent of everything?' We can't just sign away the right to music on a whim."
Bozzio is the temporary drummer of the nu-metal band, sitting for David Silvera that goes hiatus. Together with Bozzio, remaining members Jonathan Davis, Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu and Shaffer himself worked on the new untitled album, released on July 31. The band initially wanted Bozzio to stay for one more studio album but decided otherwise after he got a little ahead himself.
"It's like some chick that you hang out with and all of a sudden they want to move in," Shaffer made comparison. "What do you say to that? 'You were supposed to stay for the weekend, but you moved in.' It was kind of like that.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce