Korn's Guitarist Explains Drummer's Departure
If Terry Bozzio cited "personal conflicts" as the reason he left Korn, the band's guitarist James Shaffer went for details. Shaffer revealed that Bozzio departed after the drummer made "offensive" demand to the band.
“There were certain demands that he made," Shaffer spoke. "We weren't ready to meet those demands. He was a great guy and a phenomenal drummer but the demands that he made were offensive. He wanted to be a member of the band, and that included ownership. We were like, 'What, you want to have 25 per cent of everything?' We can't just sign away the right to music on a whim."
Bozzio is the temporary drummer of the nu-metal band, sitting for David Silvera that goes hiatus. Together with Bozzio, remaining members Jonathan Davis, Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu and Shaffer himself worked on the new untitled album, released on July 31. The band initially wanted Bozzio to stay for one more studio album but decided otherwise after he got a little ahead himself.
"It's like some chick that you hang out with and all of a sudden they want to move in," Shaffer made comparison. "What do you say to that? 'You were supposed to stay for the weekend, but you moved in.' It was kind of like that.”
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics