Oh Yes, Usher Wed Pregnant Fiancee, Finally
The wedding is on. Usher kept the words he told reporters that he and fiancee Tameka Foster are still together and are still planning to get married. The couple, who called of their wedding last week, walked down the aisle in a low key ceremony on Friday August 3rd.
The marriage was held in the office of Usher's Atlanta lawyer. Among those in attendance during the ceremony was momma Jonetta Patton, who reportedly didn't approve of the bride, but was there to be by her son's side.
Far apart from their planned nuptials, which was initially set to take place Saturday July 28th at music mogul L.A. Reid's home in the Hamptons for which the couple had reportedly spent $10,000 on invitations, lined up singer Robin Thicke to perform, and booked renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten to cook, the Friday ceremony was very low key. There was no stars performed and famous chef cooked special food.
Usher and Tameka made headlines last week when they called off their wedding just hours before the ceremony was to take place, issued a statement through his publicist, saying "It was announced today that the wedding ceremony for Usher Raymond IV and Tameka Foster was canceled. No additional information will be given regarding the circumstances of the cancellation, but we hope the privacy of this matter will be respected."
Speculation has been mounting since then on over the reason for the cancellation. Some said the couple had argued over everything from wedding plans to the fact that Usher's mother, Jonetta Patton, didn't approve of Tameka. However, the couple dismissed those rumors, insisted the ceremony had been called off because Tameka, who is five months pregnant with their first child, needed to be hospitalized after having "pregnancy scare."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival