Phantom of the Opera's Emmy Rossum Coming Up With Debut LP
Those expecting Emmy Rossum, who played Christine Daae in 2004's 'The Phantom of the Opera', to record a classical album may just be disappointed. The Golden Globe-nominated actress is choosing to release her debut LP in mainstream pop.
“It’s pop music, but not Britney Spears bubblegum pop," Emmy revealed. "I want it to have a David Gray or Annie Lennox feel. I’ve been spending up to 12 hours a day in the studio.”
The Geffen album, tentatively titled "Inside Out", is expected to be released in October. Lead single "Slow Me Down" was released July 31 on iTunes along with two other songs and a documentary by Doug Biro that features 'the making-of'. She co-wrote this piece herself after she came up with another song "Stay".
Differentiating between taking the role on screen and behind the mic Emmy explained, "This music is who I am. In the movies, I've always felt like one piece of the puzzle. But this is all me. It's my baby. I get to write, direct and star. And that's the most fulfilling thing. It's everything I've always wanted to do. This music is so close to me. It's something new… You can't categorize it."
There is a plan to conduct concerts in support of the album but Emmy won't take half of what she can do. "I don't do things halfway," she said. "I'd like my live show to be its own entity, a full presentation."
Listen to "Slow Me Down" here or here.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3