Phantom of the Opera's Emmy Rossum Coming Up With Debut LP
Those expecting Emmy Rossum, who played Christine Daae in 2004's 'The Phantom of the Opera', to record a classical album may just be disappointed. The Golden Globe-nominated actress is choosing to release her debut LP in mainstream pop.
“It’s pop music, but not Britney Spears bubblegum pop," Emmy revealed. "I want it to have a David Gray or Annie Lennox feel. I’ve been spending up to 12 hours a day in the studio.”
The Geffen album, tentatively titled "Inside Out", is expected to be released in October. Lead single "Slow Me Down" was released July 31 on iTunes along with two other songs and a documentary by Doug Biro that features 'the making-of'. She co-wrote this piece herself after she came up with another song "Stay".
Differentiating between taking the role on screen and behind the mic Emmy explained, "This music is who I am. In the movies, I've always felt like one piece of the puzzle. But this is all me. It's my baby. I get to write, direct and star. And that's the most fulfilling thing. It's everything I've always wanted to do. This music is so close to me. It's something new… You can't categorize it."
There is a plan to conduct concerts in support of the album but Emmy won't take half of what she can do. "I don't do things halfway," she said. "I'd like my live show to be its own entity, a full presentation."
Listen to "Slow Me Down" here or here.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors