Another Two Put into the 32nd Annual TIFF Lineup
Seems the burgeoning list of movies to be presented at this year's Toronto International Film Festival continues to grow bigger day by day. Following those of high-profile titles already put into the lineup, two more have delightfully been added by the event's organizers as parts of Gala Presentations section.
Of the two, one turns out to be London-set crimer "Cassandra's Dream" which Woody Allen directed for The Weinstein Co. to distribute with the other being revealed as "Across the Universe", Julie Taymor-directed musical feature. The former is learned to encounter its North American premiere at the fest while the latter will have its world preem instead.
Fresh from the announcement of its out-of-competition screening in the upcoming Venice Film Festival, "Dream", set for a November 30 release, presents the tale of impecunious brothers, played by Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell, who venture into crime in order to better their lives. Letty Aronson produces alongside Stephen Tenenbaum and Gareth Wiley with Philip Glass providing the score.
"Universe", on the other hand, is a love story against the backdrop of the political upheaval of the 1960s and its music. Part live-action, part animation, it features Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood in leading roles as well as Bono and Eddie Izzard who play Dr. Robert and Mr. Kite, respectively. Revolution Studios as the pic's distributor has scheduled September 28 to be the release date of the movie in theaters stateside.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern