Spice Girls Heading to Toronto, Not Baghdad
Spice Girls is no longer heading to Baghdad, the capital city of war-zone Iraq after Toronto, Canada won the tally the group conducted. Baghdad came close to winning a Spice Girls reunion concert a few days ago but fans in Toronto were more eager to have the girls in their city.
"We are delighted to be going to Toronto. We have such incredible fans there and we are amazed at such a positive reaction," the Spice Girls said in a statement.
A competition by online voting was conducted by the Spice Girls after millions of fans logged on to their website asking them to appear in their unvisited cities. Baghdad, Rio de Janeiro and Chicago were neck in neck in the first few days.
The tour initially was planned for 10 cities but it has now swollen up to 15. The first date will be that in Vancouver which is slated in early December, prior Las Vegas' December 6 date.
More Spice Girls News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money