Eddie Murphy Acknowledged Scary Spice's Daughter, Finally
It takes a while for Eddie Murphy to finally come out with his acknowledgment that he is the father of Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. And when he finally does it, he does it in the biggest way possible.
After months of chatter and speculation, the actor-comedian has on Friday August 3rd publicly acknowledged he's fathering a daughter with Scary Spice, less than 48 hours after the former Spice Girl filed a paternity suit against him.
Eddie issued a statement through his publicist, saying he "always has and will continue to honor his responsibilities as a father." The statement, furthermore, continued, "Mr. Murphy and Ms. Brown dated very briefly and never made any plans of ANY sort. He acknowledges paternity of the child Angel, and has paid child support to Ms. Brown as well as covering the expenses of her pregnancy."
The statement concluded by saying Murphy "views this as a private matter, and as such, will not be making any further comments about it."
Mel B filed a paternity suit against Eddie in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday August 1st, seeking to legally establish his paternity and seeking unspecified child support for the 3-month-old girl.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'