Eddie Murphy Acknowledged Scary Spice's Daughter, Finally
It takes a while for Eddie Murphy to finally come out with his acknowledgment that he is the father of Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. And when he finally does it, he does it in the biggest way possible.
After months of chatter and speculation, the actor-comedian has on Friday August 3rd publicly acknowledged he's fathering a daughter with Scary Spice, less than 48 hours after the former Spice Girl filed a paternity suit against him.
Eddie issued a statement through his publicist, saying he "always has and will continue to honor his responsibilities as a father." The statement, furthermore, continued, "Mr. Murphy and Ms. Brown dated very briefly and never made any plans of ANY sort. He acknowledges paternity of the child Angel, and has paid child support to Ms. Brown as well as covering the expenses of her pregnancy."
The statement concluded by saying Murphy "views this as a private matter, and as such, will not be making any further comments about it."
Mel B filed a paternity suit against Eddie in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday August 1st, seeking to legally establish his paternity and seeking unspecified child support for the 3-month-old girl.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie