Eddie Murphy Acknowledged Scary Spice's Daughter, Finally
It takes a while for Eddie Murphy to finally come out with his acknowledgment that he is the father of Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. And when he finally does it, he does it in the biggest way possible.
After months of chatter and speculation, the actor-comedian has on Friday August 3rd publicly acknowledged he's fathering a daughter with Scary Spice, less than 48 hours after the former Spice Girl filed a paternity suit against him.
Eddie issued a statement through his publicist, saying he "always has and will continue to honor his responsibilities as a father." The statement, furthermore, continued, "Mr. Murphy and Ms. Brown dated very briefly and never made any plans of ANY sort. He acknowledges paternity of the child Angel, and has paid child support to Ms. Brown as well as covering the expenses of her pregnancy."
The statement concluded by saying Murphy "views this as a private matter, and as such, will not be making any further comments about it."
Mel B filed a paternity suit against Eddie in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday August 1st, seeking to legally establish his paternity and seeking unspecified child support for the 3-month-old girl.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media