Eddie Murphy Acknowledged Scary Spice's Daughter, Finally
It takes a while for Eddie Murphy to finally come out with his acknowledgment that he is the father of Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. And when he finally does it, he does it in the biggest way possible.
After months of chatter and speculation, the actor-comedian has on Friday August 3rd publicly acknowledged he's fathering a daughter with Scary Spice, less than 48 hours after the former Spice Girl filed a paternity suit against him.
Eddie issued a statement through his publicist, saying he "always has and will continue to honor his responsibilities as a father." The statement, furthermore, continued, "Mr. Murphy and Ms. Brown dated very briefly and never made any plans of ANY sort. He acknowledges paternity of the child Angel, and has paid child support to Ms. Brown as well as covering the expenses of her pregnancy."
The statement concluded by saying Murphy "views this as a private matter, and as such, will not be making any further comments about it."
Mel B filed a paternity suit against Eddie in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday August 1st, seeking to legally establish his paternity and seeking unspecified child support for the 3-month-old girl.
More Eddie Murphy News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'