Eddie Murphy Acknowledged Scary Spice's Daughter, Finally
It takes a while for Eddie Murphy to finally come out with his acknowledgment that he is the father of Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. And when he finally does it, he does it in the biggest way possible.
After months of chatter and speculation, the actor-comedian has on Friday August 3rd publicly acknowledged he's fathering a daughter with Scary Spice, less than 48 hours after the former Spice Girl filed a paternity suit against him.
Eddie issued a statement through his publicist, saying he "always has and will continue to honor his responsibilities as a father." The statement, furthermore, continued, "Mr. Murphy and Ms. Brown dated very briefly and never made any plans of ANY sort. He acknowledges paternity of the child Angel, and has paid child support to Ms. Brown as well as covering the expenses of her pregnancy."
The statement concluded by saying Murphy "views this as a private matter, and as such, will not be making any further comments about it."
Mel B filed a paternity suit against Eddie in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday August 1st, seeking to legally establish his paternity and seeking unspecified child support for the 3-month-old girl.
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat