will.i.am Releasing First Single and Video From Solo LP
Black Eyed Peas aside, member will.i.am is practicing his yet another solo project which would be his third. Titled "Song About Girls", the album has pulled out its lead single "I Got It From My Mama" as well as its music video for the song.
Interestingly, like many musicians gearing solo project after being a group, Will also had his time. "I was like, 'How and why should I put out a solo project?' I could just do another Black Eyed Peas record," he said. But all in all, he was on to get the spotlight while revealing that there's no Black Eyed Peas record coming out in near future.
In contrary to the reports saying Nas would be featured in the album, the Jamaican native confirmed that the only guest in his LP would be Snoop Dogg. “I didn’t want to come out and say, ‘Hey, I’m a producer and here are all my friends," he explained. "I wanted to be my own man and do my own thing and really try out some ideas that have been bubbling in my head.”
Will is not planning a solo tour currently but he will use Black Eyed Peas' upcoming international tour to perform some of his solo materials live. The group will kick off September 4 in Israel and then there would be visits in Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and Mexico.
"I Got It From My Mama" has been out as a digital release on August 1 and its video can be seen below. Meanwhile, the album "Song About Girls" will be dropped Sept. 25 via Interscope. There's a plan that he will shoot videos for eight tracks from his new album to make a kind of 'story'. "A movie about making a movie," Will hinted.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'