Nicole Richie Comes to Self-Consciousness, Finally
Jail sentence has changed Hollywood bad girl Nicole Richie into a whole new person. What a miracle. Days after officially confirmed she's almost four months pregnant with her boyfriend, Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden's child, the soon-to-be jailbird talked to Diane Sawyer on "Good Morning America," surprisingly expressed regret and self-consciousness about her past life.
The brand new Nicole said in an interview Thursday August 2nd, carrying a bun in the oven does lead her to such realization that she indeed needs to change her life and take responsibility. "I owe the baby my life," she said. "I owe this baby everything and I have a responsibility now. I'm now responsible for someone else. I need to set the right example."
Nicole, who claimed she's not afraid of serving her time, prefers to focus on her impending motherhood. She, furthermore, said both her and Joel's parents are "overjoyed" with the pregnancy though she found it difficult at first to share the good news to poppa Lionel Richie.
"I said, 'well, you're going to be a grandfather' and he was really quiet," she said. "Then he said, 'Now you're going to get to experience everything that I have and everything that you've done to me. It's definitely going to come back to you.'"
Nevertheless, Nicole has a very different perception with that of her father as she stated, "I want my child to look up to me and be proud of me. I want to be the best parent I can be." And contrary to rumors on the street, she and Joel not yet know the sex of the baby and are not going to find it out until the baby is born.
That's not all, Nicole also opened up about her December arrest, telling Sawyer on what was really going on that day. Just make sure you won't miss Thursday's "Good Morning America," with the part two will air Friday and address Nicole's being "scary skinny," People reported.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton