Nicole Richie Heading for Paris Hilton's Jail
Nicole Richie is following in BFF Paris Hilton's step, heading for the Los Angeles County jail.
The socialite and mother-to-be will do her time at the Lynwood jail, the same place where hotel heiress Paris completed her 23-day stay for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Richie's lawyer contacted the county Sheriff's Department earlier this week and indicated the reality TV star wanted to serve her four-day sentence in county lockup rather than a city jail, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Thursday August 2nd.
"[Richie's] attorney contacted us and indicated she wants to do her time there," Steve Whitmore said. No surrender date has been given though, while it has yet clear whether the socialite would be placed in a segregated unit for high-profile inmates like Paris.
Richie was on July 27th pleaded guilty to charges of driving while intoxicated stemmed from her arrest for DUI on Dec. 11th. She was sentenced to four days in jail and has until September 28th to begin serving her sentence.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'