Nicole Richie Heading for Paris Hilton's Jail
Nicole Richie is following in BFF Paris Hilton's step, heading for the Los Angeles County jail.
The socialite and mother-to-be will do her time at the Lynwood jail, the same place where hotel heiress Paris completed her 23-day stay for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Richie's lawyer contacted the county Sheriff's Department earlier this week and indicated the reality TV star wanted to serve her four-day sentence in county lockup rather than a city jail, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Thursday August 2nd.
"[Richie's] attorney contacted us and indicated she wants to do her time there," Steve Whitmore said. No surrender date has been given though, while it has yet clear whether the socialite would be placed in a segregated unit for high-profile inmates like Paris.
Richie was on July 27th pleaded guilty to charges of driving while intoxicated stemmed from her arrest for DUI on Dec. 11th. She was sentenced to four days in jail and has until September 28th to begin serving her sentence.
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'