Carl Franklin Handles Snitch
Recently reported to give up his directing stint in "Tulia", Carl Franklin turns out to have found another potential vehicle to ride. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Richmond-born filmmaker is about to direct New Line Cinema's thriller "Snitch."
Inspired by true events chronicled in a PBS "Frontline" documentary, pic concerns a devoted father whose son faces thirty years jail sentence after being set up in a drug deal. Determining to reveal the truth, the man then boldly goes undercover in the drug world to make a bust that will free his son.
While no word yet on the cast lineup, Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are both confirmed to produce through their Spitfire Pictures alongside "Frontline" series producer David Fanning. Meanwhile, script has already been entrusted into the hands of Justin Haythe who is also serving as the executive producer for the movie.
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?