Carl Franklin Handles Snitch
Recently reported to give up his directing stint in "Tulia", Carl Franklin turns out to have found another potential vehicle to ride. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Richmond-born filmmaker is about to direct New Line Cinema's thriller "Snitch."
Inspired by true events chronicled in a PBS "Frontline" documentary, pic concerns a devoted father whose son faces thirty years jail sentence after being set up in a drug deal. Determining to reveal the truth, the man then boldly goes undercover in the drug world to make a bust that will free his son.
While no word yet on the cast lineup, Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are both confirmed to produce through their Spitfire Pictures alongside "Frontline" series producer David Fanning. Meanwhile, script has already been entrusted into the hands of Justin Haythe who is also serving as the executive producer for the movie.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time