Carl Franklin Handles Snitch
Recently reported to give up his directing stint in "Tulia", Carl Franklin turns out to have found another potential vehicle to ride. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Richmond-born filmmaker is about to direct New Line Cinema's thriller "Snitch."
Inspired by true events chronicled in a PBS "Frontline" documentary, pic concerns a devoted father whose son faces thirty years jail sentence after being set up in a drug deal. Determining to reveal the truth, the man then boldly goes undercover in the drug world to make a bust that will free his son.
While no word yet on the cast lineup, Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are both confirmed to produce through their Spitfire Pictures alongside "Frontline" series producer David Fanning. Meanwhile, script has already been entrusted into the hands of Justin Haythe who is also serving as the executive producer for the movie.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift