Carl Franklin Handles Snitch
Recently reported to give up his directing stint in "Tulia", Carl Franklin turns out to have found another potential vehicle to ride. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Richmond-born filmmaker is about to direct New Line Cinema's thriller "Snitch."
Inspired by true events chronicled in a PBS "Frontline" documentary, pic concerns a devoted father whose son faces thirty years jail sentence after being set up in a drug deal. Determining to reveal the truth, the man then boldly goes undercover in the drug world to make a bust that will free his son.
While no word yet on the cast lineup, Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are both confirmed to produce through their Spitfire Pictures alongside "Frontline" series producer David Fanning. Meanwhile, script has already been entrusted into the hands of Justin Haythe who is also serving as the executive producer for the movie.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny