Twista Shocked at McDonald's Decision to Cut Him Off
McDonald's is not taking any risk for its first music tour. The fast food chain decided to cross Twista's name from the performers list because the rapper has "controversial lyrics".
"Although we respect free speech and artistic expression, we do not condone or perpetuate derogatory language," McDonald's USA said in a statement. "We want to ensure these free concerts are fun as well as appropriate for all of our customers."
The ten-city tour is now missing a headliner for its Chicago gig on August 7. McDonald's is still working on the replacement by negotiating for an artist that is narrowed down to "emerging" and "releasing new music this summer."
Although not so notorious, Twista does have rapping that takes drug as an issue. When told that he is pulled, Twista was shocked "especially after hearing from certain people that represented McDonald's that they were fans of the music and they were excited about the whole thing and that they backed me, and then to hear a few a days later that I was actually not on the show."
Twista actually had something subtle to offer for this tour. He said, "I was actually going to have a school with a choir come sing the song 'Hope' with me. So now ... McDonald's have to tell the kids that they can't perform."
The live music event that will be held at the restaurants' parking lots start July 26 at California's Venice Beach Recreation Center and end September 25 in Austin Texas. Others tapped to perform within the tour are Ne-Yo, Kenna, Kat DeLuna, The DEY, Kevin Michael, and Single File.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'