Judge Made Britney Spears and K-Fed's Divorce Official
The union between Britney Spears and Kevin Federline is officially over by the time judge signed off their divorce settlement Monday July 30th.
Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon signed the legal papers, thus making the split official. Both Brit and K-Fed didn't attend the court hearing and were instead having their lawyers, Laura Wasser and Mark Vincent Kaplan, to represent them.
Terms of the divorce settlement were being kept under wrap, but it is widely believed that K-Fed will receive $15,000 a month in child support from Spears, which is $5,000 less than the amount of spousal support payment he is getting from the pop star as the fruit of their prenuptial agreement, which will come to an end November later this year.
Meanwhile, Spears' lawyer Laura believed her client is okay with the terms of the divorce, adding that both Spears and K-Fed "would prefer to have more custody, and that can be worked out down the line." And while the child custody order was tentatively sealed, pending an August 14th hearing, talk is heating up that K-Fed's attorney Mark may be going to court as early as Friday August 3rd to seek full custody of sons Sean Preston and Jayden James.
Spears, 25, filed for divorce on Nov. 6, 2006, citing irreconcilable differences with Federline, 29, after just over two years of marriage.
More Britney Spears News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'