The 22nd Imagen Awards Movie Winners Named
Preserving its tradition in encouraging and recognizing the positive portrayal of Latinos in all media as well as increasing Latino representation at all levels of the entertainment industry, the Imagen Foundation once again listed out the honorees of its Imagen Awards for this year's celebration held on Saturday, July 28 at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Coming out as the top scorer in film slot was surrealistic feature "Pan's Labyrinth" which triumphantly got deemed Best Picture, beating out strong competitors like "Babel" and "Apocalypto." Pic also led helmer Guillermo del Toro and star Ivana Baquero to receive Best Director and Actress honor, respectively.
Meanwhile, "Apocalypto", despite its loss on Best Picture slot, still managed to score awards for cast members Gerardo Teracena and Dalia Hernandez, the former taking Best Supporting Actor prize while the latter that of Actress, with Kuno Becker being crowned Best Actor for his performance in "Goal!." Other honors given were Best Theatrical Short or Student Film for "La Primavera Communion", Best Theatrical Production for "Macho Men & The Women Who Love Them", and Film Best Documentary for "Lalo Guerrero: The Original Chicano."
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2