Queensryche Prepping New Set and Greatest Hits
On the heels of "Operation: Mindcrime II", Queensryche may have the third edition of it in a half-done project that is due next summer or fall. The progressive metal band has begun the long hours of stay in the studio to work on a new as-yet-untitled album.
"We're just into the first couple months of writing for it, and it's a theme record. It's based on modern American life, sort of a social commentary," frontman Geoff Tate told Billboard.com. "Musically it's very adventurous for us. It's something we haven't done before. It's going to take a lot of people by surprise, and at the same time I think they're going to be very intrigued by the concept of it."
Beside the new album, they will also release their second greatest-hits compilation titled "Sign of Times". Among their classics like "Silent Lucidity" and "Walk in the Shadows" is a special personal interview of Tate with his ex-bandmate Chris DeGarmo. Within the footage, Tate said that he and the former guitarist still hang out casually to write a song or two.
Tate also adds songs from Myth, the band that he was in prior to Queensryche, which demos became the main basis of Queensryche's early sounds. This compilation is planned to be dropped before their tour in September with Alice Cooper and Heaven and Hell.
DeGarmo left the band in 1998 while the band suffered from bankruptcy. He was replaced by Myth's guitarist Kelly Gray who also departed three years later and was replaced by current guitarist Mike Stone.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift