Nicole Richie Pleaded Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to Four Days in Jail
Birds of a feather flock together. Nicole Richie is heading to jail, following in the footstep of her best friend Paris Hilton. The tiny socialite was pleaded guilty Friday July 27th to driving under the influence (DUI) and thus sentenced to four days in jail.
Arrived for her court appearance at the courthouse in Glendale, Calif. on the arm of boyfriend, Good Charlotte lead vocalist Joel Madden, Nicole looked somber and subdued as she was lectured about her driving.
Besides jail sentence, the Glendale Superior Court in California also handed the 25-year-old star a 2,048-dollar fine and placed her on probation for three years. She, moreover, ordered to attend a drug and alcohol education program as well.
Nicole has until September 28th to begin serving her sentence, but it was not immediately clear when or where she would be incarcerated.
Nicole was arrested early on Dec. 11th after witnesses reported seeing her black Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle headed the wrong way on a freeway in Burbank. The California Highway Patrol said they found her parked in the car pool lane. The reality TV star is said to have told authorities she had smoked marijuana and taken the prescription painkiller Vicodin. No drugs were found on her or in the car.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics