Nicole Richie Pleaded Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to Four Days in Jail
Birds of a feather flock together. Nicole Richie is heading to jail, following in the footstep of her best friend Paris Hilton. The tiny socialite was pleaded guilty Friday July 27th to driving under the influence (DUI) and thus sentenced to four days in jail.
Arrived for her court appearance at the courthouse in Glendale, Calif. on the arm of boyfriend, Good Charlotte lead vocalist Joel Madden, Nicole looked somber and subdued as she was lectured about her driving.
Besides jail sentence, the Glendale Superior Court in California also handed the 25-year-old star a 2,048-dollar fine and placed her on probation for three years. She, moreover, ordered to attend a drug and alcohol education program as well.
Nicole has until September 28th to begin serving her sentence, but it was not immediately clear when or where she would be incarcerated.
Nicole was arrested early on Dec. 11th after witnesses reported seeing her black Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle headed the wrong way on a freeway in Burbank. The California Highway Patrol said they found her parked in the car pool lane. The reality TV star is said to have told authorities she had smoked marijuana and taken the prescription painkiller Vicodin. No drugs were found on her or in the car.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'