Tom Cruise Blackmailed by Celebrity Smut Peddler
Do not play a trick to Tom Cruise or else you'll be sent behind bars. The actor won a battle with a man who tried to blackmail him over his wedding photos with actress wife Katie Holmes.
David Hans Schmidt, a man identified as celebrity smut peddler, was arrested by police on Tuesday July 24th after attempting to sell the actor, through his lawyer to be exact, private photos he took during his November 2006 wedding to Holmes. He reportedly tried to sell the photos to Cruise for $1 million.
Sniffed something wrong, Cruise's lawyer immediately called FBI and had the case being handled by them. As a result of further search, Schmidt was put behind bars. No details on what charges he's facing.
Meanwhile, Cruise's camp has yet released any official statement concerning that matter.
Cruise flew in from German, where he was filming his latest film project "Valkyrie," to attend the welcome-to-LA party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday July 22nd he partly held for BFF David Beckham and wife Victoria Adams.
More Tom Cruise News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7