Tom Cruise Blackmailed by Celebrity Smut Peddler
Do not play a trick to Tom Cruise or else you'll be sent behind bars. The actor won a battle with a man who tried to blackmail him over his wedding photos with actress wife Katie Holmes.
David Hans Schmidt, a man identified as celebrity smut peddler, was arrested by police on Tuesday July 24th after attempting to sell the actor, through his lawyer to be exact, private photos he took during his November 2006 wedding to Holmes. He reportedly tried to sell the photos to Cruise for $1 million.
Sniffed something wrong, Cruise's lawyer immediately called FBI and had the case being handled by them. As a result of further search, Schmidt was put behind bars. No details on what charges he's facing.
Meanwhile, Cruise's camp has yet released any official statement concerning that matter.
Cruise flew in from German, where he was filming his latest film project "Valkyrie," to attend the welcome-to-LA party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday July 22nd he partly held for BFF David Beckham and wife Victoria Adams.
More Tom Cruise News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer