Tom Cruise Blackmailed by Celebrity Smut Peddler
Do not play a trick to Tom Cruise or else you'll be sent behind bars. The actor won a battle with a man who tried to blackmail him over his wedding photos with actress wife Katie Holmes.
David Hans Schmidt, a man identified as celebrity smut peddler, was arrested by police on Tuesday July 24th after attempting to sell the actor, through his lawyer to be exact, private photos he took during his November 2006 wedding to Holmes. He reportedly tried to sell the photos to Cruise for $1 million.
Sniffed something wrong, Cruise's lawyer immediately called FBI and had the case being handled by them. As a result of further search, Schmidt was put behind bars. No details on what charges he's facing.
Meanwhile, Cruise's camp has yet released any official statement concerning that matter.
Cruise flew in from German, where he was filming his latest film project "Valkyrie," to attend the welcome-to-LA party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday July 22nd he partly held for BFF David Beckham and wife Victoria Adams.
More Tom Cruise News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory