Joel Schumacher to Deliver Shocking "News"
Already lined up handfuls of big screen projects to do for the coming years, Joel Schumacher appears to have one more slot on the list to get filled in. The noted filmmaker is reported to currently be in talks to helm "Breaking News", a Gold Circle Films and Paramount Vantage remake of 2004's Hong Kong action movie "Daai si gin."
Directed by Johnnie To, the original spun its story when an ambulatory TV news unit live broadcasts the embarrassing defeat of a police battalion by five bank robbers in a ballistic showdown. A detective then discovers the hideout of the robbers on stakeout in a run-down building, but gets interfered by an inspector who decides to turn the stakeout into a breaking-news show in order to beat the media at its own game.
For the Americanized version, scribe Alex de Rakoff has already been hired to pen the script while Paul Brooks will take care of producing matters. If Schumacher later proves to join the project, it will thereby reunite him with Gold Circle, for which he directs horror movie "Town Creek" that Lionsgate Films is set to distribute.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'