Joel Schumacher to Deliver Shocking "News"
Already lined up handfuls of big screen projects to do for the coming years, Joel Schumacher appears to have one more slot on the list to get filled in. The noted filmmaker is reported to currently be in talks to helm "Breaking News", a Gold Circle Films and Paramount Vantage remake of 2004's Hong Kong action movie "Daai si gin."
Directed by Johnnie To, the original spun its story when an ambulatory TV news unit live broadcasts the embarrassing defeat of a police battalion by five bank robbers in a ballistic showdown. A detective then discovers the hideout of the robbers on stakeout in a run-down building, but gets interfered by an inspector who decides to turn the stakeout into a breaking-news show in order to beat the media at its own game.
For the Americanized version, scribe Alex de Rakoff has already been hired to pen the script while Paul Brooks will take care of producing matters. If Schumacher later proves to join the project, it will thereby reunite him with Gold Circle, for which he directs horror movie "Town Creek" that Lionsgate Films is set to distribute.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour